The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Our corps in '86 was one of the most physically intimidating corps of all time. Lonnie was bass #5, and he was a BIG guy. We had two contra players that year - Ogre (Michael Allen) and Booger - who were also huge. Morgan Larsen, our legendary lead sop, wasn't a little guy either.

As I recall, we had an informal "tug-of-war" contest with Phantom after one of the first shows, and it wasn't long before Phantoms' guys were in the mud.

Back to the thread - to say I was impressed last night would be a huge understatement. I've seen a lot of Madison shows in my life - back to the very early 70s when my dad was instructing. I told a friend last night that this show could end up being one of my favorite Madison shows of all time. The design is that good.

Couldn't be more excited for the guys. Tonight should be interesting.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told a friend last night that this show could end up being one of my favorite Madison shows of all time. The design is that good.

I'm thinking exactly the same thing. When I watched the run today, I had some serious goosebumps about 4 or 5 times. More than the other night, because I knew what to watch and listen for now. I couldn't believe it :lookaround:

Our corps in '86 was one of the most physically intimidating corps of all time. Lonnie was bass #5, and he was a BIG guy. We had two contra players that year - Ogre (Michael Allen) and Booger - who were also huge. Morgan Larsen, our legendary lead sop, wasn't a little guy either.

As I recall, we had an informal "tug-of-war" contest with Phantom after one of the first shows, and it wasn't long before Phantoms' guys were in the mud.

Back to the thread - to say I was impressed last night would be a huge understatement. I've seen a lot of Madison shows in my life - back to the very early 70s when my dad was instructing. I told a friend last night that this show could end up being one of my favorite Madison shows of all time. The design is that good.

Couldn't be more excited for the guys. Tonight should be interesting.

WOW, now those are some GREAT MEMORIES. :lookaround:

You are about to make me all misty eyed. lol

Last year, the Scout's first show was Tuesday June, 19 in Fairfield, OH - with a 63.550. I'm curious to see how they start this year. They were up against the Cadets, Bluecoats, Glassmen, & Southwind last year. The line up tonight is really good too - with Scouts, PR, Cavaliers, Crown, and Colts. It should be interesting.

I don't think this year's corps is "tiny" either... my son is the youngest on the corps this year (now that the younger guard member apparently went home), and clocked in at about 6'1" and 230 lbs when he left. He's football player stocky, and always has been - no bird legs on that kid! I'm assuming he's closer to 200 lbs by now, but that's still big. He's not the biggest guard member either.

If anyone knows his nickname on the corps, let me know! His name is Kevin.

Hey hey... Blue Stars too... :)

Sorry - you're right the Blue Stars, Colt Cadets, and Racine Scouts too. A great line up for the first show.

"The Scouts debut their uniform and unleash the iguana. You can see the new Madison uniform on the DCI Fan network. It was posted today Sat June 21 Madisonic #7.

I like the red tie and white Aussie hat. I like the black pant. The color green on the jacket looks like it will blend right in with the grass, but I like the cut of it. I don't want to be too judgmental because I'd like to see it live before I can say if I like it or not.

You can see on the two minute video the corps members do have that Madison swagger. Great field presence! :lookaround:

Edited by wvu80

Thanks

A question for you or for Greg (msesq) about '86 -

was Steve Matson and Jeff Peterson in the snareline??

I marched with Steve Matson in 82'. I have had the chance spend some time with him this winter. What a great guy he is.

We had a heck of a tug-a-war team in 81' and 82' as well. Lunchbox,Tony Maples,Marty and John Reddmen,Me. Lunchbox and me were 500 pounds !

Bill

I marched with Steve Matson in 82'. I have had the chance spend some time with him this winter. What a great guy he is.

We had a heck of a tug-a-war team in 81' and 82' as well. Lunchbox,Tony Maples,Marty and John Reddmen,Me. Lunchbox and me were 500 pounds !

Bill

Bill - do you know what years Steve marched. I'm almost positive he aged out in '88. Was he a 7 year vet???