The Official 2008 Madison Scouts Discussion Thread

Photos are now posted at www.madisonscouts.org

I'm hoping to get something up on the Fan Network by tomorrow.

Chris, do you even sleep????

Fantastic job with the photos on the Scouts site and the Fan Network video from last night.

As far as last night all I can say is :thumbup::ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Great job everyone, from Jeff Spanos to the design team to the staff and especially the Scouts themselves!

Thanks to Jeff Manion for doing EVERYTHING to put on Madisonic yesterday.

The Scouts and staff put on a great hands on clinic in the afternoon for those attending.

I can only imagine how it felt for those kids strapping on one of those new snare drums and playing with the Scouts line!

Bill, I was going to give you a call last night so you could listen to the show via cell phone but I forgot it in my truck - oops.

Nice to meet you last night "Bluebyyou2000". PM me anytime with your your info so you can be put on the volunteer list.

There really isn't anything like working with the guys and getting to know them all, it makes nights like last night all that more special.

Now we have to wait 'till 10 or 11 tonight to see how the Scouts are doing compared to the others - at least in the judges eyes.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only imagine how it felt for those kids strapping on one of those new snare drums and playing with the Scouts line!

I had planned on staying up late last night to get the photos and the video done. I figure everyone would be so appreciative that would go to our online store and make a purchase or a donation! :thumbup:

There was a lot that went into getting that uniform on the field last night. The volunteer sewing crew pulled an "all-nighter" to make this work. The dress shirts for the uni were delivered Friday morning. Most of them are the wrong shirt. You will note in some photos that the corps had the top button undone and their tie a little loose to account for this. As well, many other adjustments are ongoing to get this uniform perfected, but the sewing crew deserves a great deal of recognition to get this off the ground. I hope to get an article posted later today about one person in particular who was instrumental in all of this.

After the show Roger Carter and his staff pulled the Oregon HS drum line (who performed earlier) into a post-show drum jam in the parking lot. First off, very good drum line Oregon HS. The band and the corps had a blast as the two drum lines traded exercises and played portions of their respective shows. They joined together for some of the exercises. I haven't seen a snare line that big since the MSARP! Afterwards, Deb and the cook crew invited the Oregon kids into our snack line for corn dogs and cup cakes. I think they went home with some great memories and a good start to their marching band season.

Off to Rockford!

Chris,

:thumbup::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::sad::sad::sad::sad::ph34r::ph34r::sad::sad::sad::sad: !

Bill

YES!!!

Chris, I woke up this morning hoping for a couple of cell phone pics. Your hard work made it so much easier on this parent to wait another week to see them LIVE!!! Thank you!

I've never posted a pic here before so let's see if I can work this thing......

HornArc.jpg

This pic is really not that great - my camera decided to go kaput just as they were taking the field. All other posters who said this thing is totally sweet were completely RIGHT ON! Looks even better moving on the field. HAWT!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the Drum Majors wear white jackets with green ties.

and

a great start for the scouts this year. I do have a couple of pics.

003-1.jpg

best of luck to the scouts this year. :thumbup:

Oh, man, what a fantastic uniform! I absolutely cannot wait to see this corps in Buffalo on Aug. 3! :ph34r:

(By the way, wonderful photos posted on the Madison Scouts site, Chris!)

HornArc.jpg

By the way, since you were disappointed with how this photo turned out, I did a color correction on it to lighten it up a bit:

HornArc.jpg

Fantastic job with the photos on the Scouts site and the Fan Network video from last night.

As far as last night all I can say is :thumbup::ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Great job everyone, from Jeff Spanos to the design team to the staff and especially the Scouts themselves!

Thanks to Jeff Manion for doing EVERYTHING to put on Madisonic yesterday.

The Scouts and staff put on a great hands on clinic in the afternoon for those attending.

Bill, I was going to give you a call last night so you could listen to the show via cell phone but I forgot it in my truck - oops.

Nice to meet you last night "Bluebyyou2000". PM me anytime with your your info so you can be put on the volunteer list.

There really isn't anything like working with the guys and getting to know them all, it makes nights like last night all that more special.

Now we have to wait 'till 10 or 11 tonight to see how the Scouts are doing compared to the others - at least in the judges eyes.

It was nice meeting you as well. I woud love to volunteer when I would have the time. We will be at Drums On next week, but this time with my kids. It was also nice meeting Dan, Chris, Jeff and Deb. I hope they put good use to the iphone I dontated.

I think the Music from " The Hulk " would have been a good overall blend of Uni's, music, mystique, bravado, etc this year

New Uni's don't look that much Latin. Maybe the Guard uni's may have that Latin flair look however ?