Props to Ritchee Price

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to my Buglers Hall of Fame brother, Ritchee Price, on his being named Teacher of the Year. His support of music education is second to none and it's good to see him get proper recognition for that.

Ritchee is very deserving of this recognition. What makes it even better is that he teaches middle school - a unique beast. There are quite a few great music educators at the middle school level who don't receive the recognition they deserve.

Ritchee is very deserving of this recognition. What makes it even better is that he teaches middle school - a unique beast. There are quite a few great music educators at the middle school level who don't receive the recognition they deserve.

A truly great honor, and well deserved. Congratulations!! One thought, how would you like to be the HS Band Director that Ritchee's students feed? Lucky teacher.

Anyone know where Ritchee went to public school? Overhead a conversation that would indicate a local connection but not sure if I heard it right.

If true then I know some folks who would like to hear this.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Anyone know where Ritchee went to public school? Overhead a conversation that would indicate a local connection but not sure if I heard it right.

If true then I know some folks who would like to hear this.

Hey, Jim,

You should know this -- Ritchee went to York (PA) High. His first corps was the York White Roses jr. corps; helped them win a few state championships. Another local drum corps drummer, Rod Meckley who once played with York (Sr.), Hanover Lancers and Garfield, is now the band director there.

SKY

Edited by sky

Hey, Jim,

You should know this -- Ritchee went to York (PA) High. His first corps was the York White Roses jr. corps; helped them win a few state championships. Another local drum corps drummer, Rod Meckley who once played with York (Sr.), Hanover Lancers and Garfield, is now the band director there.

SKY

Thanks Steve, now I remember it was Bob Z who was talking about Ritchee. Think I was near Bob on a bus trip and about half asleep (as usual) when the name came up. Hearing "Ritchee Price" woke me right up as he has played with Westshoremens Alumni at the Forum the last two years. :big hug:

Guess I live too near Harrisburg to know York DC history. :tongue:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Congratulations to my Buglers Hall of Fame brother, Ritchee Price, on his being named Teacher of the Year. His support of music education is second to none and it's good to see him get proper recognition for that.

That is wonderful.

Having met Ritchee at Statesmen in '05 and talked with him off and on, I had no idea he was an educator. For middle school, no less!

My hat is off again to the Man with a Horn, Ritchee Price! :big hug:

Waaaay cool. Congratulations to Ritchie, who is also in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame and a really talented musician. He's also one of the nicest guys on this planet.

J

any way we could get the article for publication??????

Ironlips,

Thanks for posting. Ritchee truly is one of the nice guys. Teaching middle school does make this honor even more special. Ritchee is da' man!