new premier line

s3si1u

I think what jonz311 was referring to is a 14" head will properly fit on the drum now. I think it's funny it took Premier this long to address the issue. Of course if us knuckle-heads in the U.S. would do the smart thing and convert to the metric system little incompatibilities such as this would be a non-issue.

After looking at the new line I'm impressed with the improvement Premier has made, and in the nick of time too with Mapex entering the market. Ludwig should have taken the same route by going back and re-evaluating and revising their product line when they "came back" a couple years ago instead just marketing the same crap they had in the mid-90's.

Gotcha!

The Mapex stuff is quality through and through. Those yummy Walnut/Maple shells from the Saturn series drum sets will work great on the field. Lots of blend, warmth, low end, fullness, etc...

I have always really liked Premier drums in general. Their marching products just didn't have the durability needed.

I did get the chance to march around with a set of the new Premier tenors on for a day. They sounded pretty good and seemed like they could hold up just fine, but as said earlier, WEIGHT. I was not impressed in the slightest with that aspect of them. I think that if they need to make the drums stupid heavy to make them hold up and sound decent, then they need to go back to work on them...and do some more drastic changes. These things must have weighed 50 pounds or more. Even those Pearl carbon plies or Vanguard's drums with REAL COPPER FLAKE in them last year weren't that heavy.

I don't think so.. Oh well - Let's hope the door doesn't them in their British ##### on the way out!

yes! we should all be promoting Japanese drums.

:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::blink::thumbdown::blink::blink::blink::tongue::blink::thumbdown:

• 4 weeks later...
Gotcha!

The Mapex stuff is quality through and through. Those yummy Walnut/Maple shells from the Saturn series drum sets will work great on the field. Lots of blend, warmth, low end, fullness, etc...

and they do! check out our lot vids and our winter show from this past year. ( irondale drumline)

I think the Bushwackers (DCA) are using them (Premier) this season, although I may be mistaken.

and they do! check out our lot vids and our winter show from this past year. ( irondale drumline)

I think the Bushwackers (DCA) are using them (Premier) this season, although I may be mistaken.

hahaha, Why did you quote me and then talk about the bushwackers and premiers when I was talking about Irondale and Mapex?.. hahaha