Aimachi returns to WGI in 2009!

"need I remind you that ehe last time there was no Karl Lowe we "Got Funk" "

I don't know why people think that if Karl Lowe leaves Fantasia that they are doomed - sure 2005 was not the best show in the world, but come on - you all should have more faith in the staff at Fantasia. Assuming they return in 2009, I'm sure it will be great. I, for one, will continue to cheer them on regardless (which should be everyone's attitude).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re;got funk,fantasia took a creative risk and i applaud them for that,so many world guards don't. :ninja:

now back to aimachi,my freinds pinkerton,sharpless and cio-cio-san were wondering what programming possibilities await? :w00t:

Edited by dugg

re;got funk,fantasia took a creative risk and i applaud them for that,so many world guards don't. :ninja:

now back to aimachi,my freinds pinkerton,sharpless and cio-cio-san were wondering what programming possibilities await? :w00t:

Actually wasn't Karl Lowe on staff for the Got Funk year? I believe he talked about that show at both Spinfests and discussed how it didn't quite turn out as planned! It was a good lesson hearing one of the greats talk about what went wrong during one of his team's down year.

... or we could perhaps wait and see what these guards actually produce next year before handing them their gold medals. ;)

What's the fun in that!?

Srsly, if Pride was coming out everyone would have given them the gold already.

What's the fun in that!?

Srsly, if Pride was coming out everyone would have given them the gold already.

and thats why I don't think pride taking a year off is a bad thing...

we should see some real competitive color guards this year with guards wanting to take their spot. Should be fun to watch!

and thats why I don't think pride taking a year off is a bad thing...

we should see some real competitive color guards this year with guards wanting to take their spot. Should be fun to watch!

You mean the guards weren't competing to take their spot this year? Or last year? Or the year before? Interesting theory.

Actually, I bet they weren't looking to take prides spot, but to do the best they can!!! :ninja:

Next year will be the thirtieth year that Sac makes IW finals. I would be awesome to see them take home the gold.

While it may be likely...anything is possible. So next year COULD be the 13th year for Sac in IW finals.

you really don't think that the competitive level will go up a notch this year because of pride taking a year off?

Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough but no....actually I don't.

Guards should shoot for their highest, not other people's highest. The top of the pack in recent years has been super

competitive. There wasn't like an outburst of competitiveness when SJR (former world champions mind you) went inactive. If

anything the next year, everyone was on their toes when they came back out.....

I can't speak for those guards, but if I was director, I'd be worried about my guard first and our show.

Perhaps my post wasn't clear enough but no....actually I don't.

Guards should shoot for their highest, not other people's highest. The top of the pack in recent years has been super

competitive. There wasn't like an outburst of competitiveness when SJR (former world champions mind you) went inactive. If

anything the next year, everyone was on their toes when they came back out.....

I can't speak for those guards, but if I was director, I'd be worried about my guard first and our show.

:tongue:

Exactly!