How much do corps get paid to do a parade

I presume you're talking next year? Late June is awfully short notice for anyone.

If you're in northern Delaware, why not contact Archie and Reilly directly? They would be the two nearest, big-name, excellent parade corps near you, and they could give you a specific quote for their services to see if they fit within your budget. Check their websites. I have no idea what they would ask for a parade, but I'm sure their proximity to you would be a factor in their answer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They pay less than it costs to do the parade for the most part. Sometimes you even need to acquire a corporate sponsor just to get into the parade in these parts. Not that we have many parades. 110F summers and all in Texas. Not that $400-$1200 covers the $4000 bus costs, or $40 per member gas prices. Maybe lower costs with closer gigs and carpooling. But still rarely more profitable to any degree above a weekends car wash of $500. But most times a little more fun.

In college, they did alright doing five parades in one day. Enough to cover charter bus costs, and even feed the band. Although some of that might have been federal funds as well. A long weekend for sure. But sustainable in that members generally didn't have to fund it, and even got fed in the process.

I don't understand why you guys need to take a bus everywhere?

I presume you're talking next year? Late June is awfully short notice for anyone.

If you're in northern Delaware, why not contact Archie and Reilly directly? They would be the two nearest, big-name, excellent parade corps near you, and they could give you a specific quote for their services to see if they fit within your budget. Check their websites. I have no idea what they would ask for a parade, but I'm sure their proximity to you would be a factor in their answer.

Yankee Rebels are just down the road a piece also!

Ray

Craig

I'll tell you right now... early Sept. will be tough... Summer is over... work and school hijack everyone but you know that. If it's late June... I'll bet you could entice a few corps to that area...

Ray

hell ... have Cossetti get his Blue Rork contingent together and pay them a keg of beer ... if they can meet at Kelly's Bar in Wildwood, they can muster enough people for a parade in Delaware ...

:-)

Ray

Our website is http://yankeerebels.org/

If the date is late June, we are booked on June 28 but we may be open in early September (except for September 13). Please contact us and our director will be more than glad to speak with you!

Robbie Ellis

I don't understand why you guys need to take a bus everywhere?

Because most things around here are 200 miles away(roughly 8 hours round trip). While certainly doable by car. You're looking at dealing with directions to each members, having each member pay for their gas, and otherwise dealing with parking once on location. And in the case of parades, your car doesn't meet you at the end of the parade. Unless that's where you parked and otherwise walked the entire parade before you marched it later.

Sure one doesn't have to take a bus everywhere. But it sure would be nice. Or at least nicer. It's kind of hard to get in the mood for bus songs when riding in a passenger van with a contra in your lap. Plus I'd rather see my contra safely tucked away in a bus bay, than bungee corded to someones trunk or roof of their car. One doesn't have to take a bus everywhere. But from an image and member fatigue factor, it is preferred.

The Huntington Beach Parade pays between $800 - $1000 depending on sponsors...

HB Parade is the Largest 4th of July West of the Mississippi...

You could confirm it with Darkman, but I seem to recall Dream got $1500 for the Huntington Beach Juny 4th parade....don't hold me to that, tho.