Sound of the South - Manassas VA - July 5th

And I'm really not up on my history, but isn't this the first time anyone from the North won there?

The Rochester Crusaders won Sound of the South last year in Woodbridge, VA. It's where the infamous Fusion-Cru sauna sectional occured, if I'm not mistaken...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Andrew's Raiders...(The Great Locomotive Chase)

Uh-oh............. I seemed to have stepped in some bull runs........ sorry

I don't know about the first time a corps from the north won there (Seriously, I'm so glad to see so many of the older corps traveling south to support DCA South shows).....but can you imagine if a corps named "Sherman (anything)" appeared at the Corps Vets show in Atlanta?

It would be the THIRD battle......

Joe

While the Civil War discussion is interesting and I'm a Manassas area resident, I hate to point out that you are all wrong. We were in Manassas Park, VA. And while it has only been an incorporated city since the 70s, it is distinct from Manassas.

How's that for a wet blanket :tongue:

The Rochester Crusaders won Sound of the South last year in Woodbridge, VA. It's where the infamous Fusion-Cru sauna sectional occured, if I'm not mistaken...

Yep :) :tongue:

Yuppers... '07 was a "Sounds of the South" victory for Cru, and Hurcs were the victors the year before that.

Hmmmm . . . Seems to me maybe the real 'Bull Run' this weekend occurred up in Rochester, not down in Virginia, no?

Hmmmm . . . Seems to me maybe the real 'Bull Run' this weekend occurred up in Rochester, not down in Virginia, no?

Why would you say that?

Play on words... Bull = Cabs / Run = running over the competition in Rochester.

I see. Thanks for your explanation.

I don't know why, but reading that post brings to mind that classic Warner Bros' cartoon, "Bully for Bugs". The Bull charges, launching Bugs out of the stadium. As he's arcing through the air, Bugs utters one of his catch phrases, "Of course, you realize, this means war." Then, he lands (off camera) unceremoniously on the ground.

Edited by Dale Bari