The Official 2008 Phantom Regiment Discussion Thread

Has anyone noticed the sheer velcity and step sizes going on in the opener? It's like watching vintage Cadets. This could be the year, if they can clean it (and the guard holds up their end, which is a tall order with Cavies and BD still having incredible guards).

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, when I saw them in Edmond just a couple of days ago the guard was practicing one move quite a bit during the live or die section (the corps was practicing this a lot as they recently changed the ending drill). The move was right at the finale of that section if i remember correctly, and it involved about ten male guard members tossing the rifle, the female jumping onto them, then them catching the rifle ( this is done in the Blast! production of Malaguena if you want to see it). They were having some trouble for sure, but they should get it down.. Other than that, the guard was impressive!

Yeah, when I saw them in Edmond just a couple of days ago the guard was practicing one move quite a bit during the live or die section (the corps was practicing this a lot as they recently changed the ending drill). The move was right at the finale of that section if i remember correctly, and it involved about ten male guard members tossing the rifle, the female jumping onto them, then them catching the rifle ( this is done in the Blast! production of Malaguena if you want to see it). They were having some trouble for sure, but they should get it down.. Other than that, the guard was impressive!

Cadets also did that in their 99(think that was the year) production. Very cool move when the rifle is caught.

Was there a whole? or did the last alternate go home?

In the Ave Maria clip on fan network they had 13 tubas and I thought they were marching 12 so not sure what the situation was/is.

I have seen the show three times and I must say:

THANK YOU Phantom Regiment!

What a great show :thumbup::tongue::ph34r:

JD has changed several of the mello parts in the opener. Some I like, some I don't. I DO like the new final chord to the opener a lot. VERY intense.

Firist of 4 viewings in a row tonight!!!! I am so excited I can hardly think of anything else!!!!

114 degrees in the Phoenix area (the Valley) today.

It's going to be a hot one tonight.

Looking forward to once again seeing Regiment in the Valley of the Sun. They lit it up last year in Tempe.

The Glendale Community College stadium has about 3500 seats on the show side. Also, it faces west so for the early two corps at least, the sun will be somewhat in our eyes. Last year they opened with some exhibitions by the Academy Junior Summer Guard camp participants or something like that so the start was really 7:30p. I hope the same holds true for this year's show.

114 degrees in the Phoenix area (the Valley) today.

It's going to be a hot one tonight.

Looking forward to once again seeing Regiment in the Valley of the Sun. They lit it up last year in Tempe.

The Glendale Community College stadium has about 3500 seats on the show side. Also, it faces west so for the early two corps at least, the sun will be somewhat in our eyes. Last year they opened with some exhibitions by the Academy Junior Summer Guard camp participants or something like that so the start was really 7:30p. I hope the same holds true for this year's show.

Tom,

I'm not sure if you'll be out today, but I'll be there about 10:30 have supplies to drop off for the guard. I'll be wearing a red shirt!!