The Official 2008 Phantom Regiment Discussion Thread

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump

I saw Dan Potter at the Show of Shows on Saturday and figured he was probably taping something for Field Pass. Well, here it is.......

Field Pass 6-24-08

It's an interview with Dr. Dan about Spartacus in 1981 & 1982 as well as a great recording of Elsa's from the encore Sat night.

Part 2 of the interview to come tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Good luck to you this year Phantom!!

We saw you on Saturday and believe me-this show will be in the thick of things come August.

ADAM- PLEASE LISTEN TO ME! WITH A GUARD AS BIG AS THIS, PLEAASSSE GIVE US A RETRO ROCKFORD FILES!!! :tongue::sad:

Yes- this crowd would go crazy!!!! :laughing:

I saw Dan Potter at the Show of Shows on Saturday and figured he was probably taping something for Field Pass. Well, here it is.......

Field Pass 6-24-08

It's an interview with Dr. Dan about Spartacus in 1981 & 1982 as well as a great recording of Elsa's from the encore Sat night.

Part 2 of the interview to come tomorrow.

Enjoy!

I thought it was pretty funny when Dr. Dan said the movie didn't come out until 1984. Spartacus, the movie, came out in 1960. Was there a remake in 1984? The internet movie database doesn't list one.

Garry in Vegas

just wanted to mention the mellophone solo for this years show is gorgeous. The pit writing seems to blend so well with the mellophone soloist part, it will definitely be a standout moment at finals for PR this year.

Looking forward to the first APD from them.

" GO SPARTY GO! "

Edited by sunriseruk

GO PHANTOM!!!!!!!

:thumbup:

Ok I felt bad for contributing to the hijack of the Phantom dress rehearsal thread, so I figured I'd start the "Offical" thread for the 2008 season! Phantom's always been a favorite of mine and am looking forward to great things from them once again. So here's to all the CMM's, FMM's, and just plain PHANS out there...let's rock this thread!!! :tongue:

I would prefer the black baldric with the old red underside showing on the back drape. A la 93. A red baldric, even a super-dark crimson one, would be risky, but better than that pansie blue thing from '07.

Pansie blue was retired....only used for on air.... Phantom will continue to get better and better - Can't wait til finals!!!!

How long do you guys think it'll take for media of the show to appear for free??

I can't afford to buy a fan network pass currently.. :(

*coughs* youtube *coughs*

I thought it was pretty funny when Dr. Dan said the movie didn't come out until 1984. Spartacus, the movie, came out in 1960. Was there a remake in 1984? The internet movie database doesn't list one.

Garry in Vegas

i guess having 3 PhD's pushes some of that useless trivia outta your head sometimes.

I'm thinking they'll maybe add a shorter cape than 81-82 but something.

I hope they do that. Marching with a longer cape like we did back then, although fun to wear, could be a pain when doing certain moves. At least they won't have to march backward doing high mark time. :tongue:

Edited by Jd83