Keep DCI Plugged

What? What do the anti-amp people know that "Trolls" don't?

IMHO, "Trolls" are people who just show up on a forum and post crap to get people to respond angrily. They don't really care about the subject.

Again, in my HUMBLE opinion, most anti-amp people are those "old school people" (note the quotation marks) who have been there, done that, and are against artificial methods of musical projection. They do have a legitimate opinion based on their own experience in the activity, whether that be as participant or fan in the stands.

Please do not confuse trolls with those with a legitimate point of view. You may not agree but please give credit to folks with experience and

love for Drum Corps, whatever it's form.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If by "plugged in" you mean back on PBS so we can enjoy our favorite corps perform over Thanksgiving weekend...then by all means...power up the generator!!!

Second!

And let's keep amps too. But if I hear a single dog bark created by a synthesizer next year, I will bust some heads.

Edit: Real dog barks only please :thumbup:

Edited by Design Hound

Lando, if there's one thing I've learned from the anti-amp crowed it's that you cannot have a proper social movement without T-SHIRTS!!!!

WE NEED T-SHIRTS!!!

Lando, if there's one thing I've learned from the anti-amp crowed it's that you cannot have a proper social movement without T-SHIRTS!!!!

WE NEED T-SHIRTS!!!

shirt.jpg

Eh? Eh?

How do you know he doesn't know what he's talking about? Are you just basing this assumption off of his highly biased and inflammatory opening posts?....because people who don't like amps NEVER do that.... All these people patting themselves on the back for their brilliant use of irony (which is about as abundant on dcp as hydrogen is in the universe), are ignoring that fact that this thread was an exercise in the same to begin with. It's pretty much a big joke (albeit not a particularly funny one) as far as I'm concerned...

"Highly biased and inflammatory"? Are you kidding? Read carefully. This person is speaking in generalities. He has not based any of his opinions on any specificities. He is talking out of his proverbial ---(animal also referred to as a donkey). He reminds me in no small way of the person formerly known as TERRANCE.

This goes beyond any biases on electronics and amplification. This is about people responding to TROLLS! Geez!!!!!!!

:thumbup: Oh, wait..................I am responding to TROLLS..........never mind :ph34r:

shirt.jpg

Eh? Eh?

I like.

More please.

"Highly biased and inflammatory"? Are you kidding? Read carefully. This person is speaking in generalities. He has not based any of his opinions on any specificities. He is talking out of his proverbial ---(animal also referred to as a donkey). He reminds me in no small way of the person formerly known as TERRANCE.

This goes beyond any biases on electronics and amplification. This is about people responding to TROLLS! Geez!!!!!!!

:thumbup: Oh, wait..................I am responding to TROLLS..........never mind :ph34r:

Pretty sure Nick is far from a Troll. I think he was pointing out that the "Anti-Amp" crowd are basing their opinions on no such specificities yet, just as you explained... feelings and opinions... How do you know that Lando was or wasn't being facetious?

I think electronics and amps add so many tools to designers to use that are really cool. Think of all the colors and effects that are available through electronics. Integrating that into the drum corps medium is very important. It keeps the activity on the cutting edge and keeps show designers satisfied. Allowing electronics doesn't mean everyone has to use them. There is variety which I appreciate. Groups are free to have their unique colors and sounds.

oh my gosh...where to start...

so many tools for designers to use.....a.k.a., making it easier...

think of all the colors and effects.....think of all the corps that busted their brains trying to come up with a cool effect, and succeeeding, without electronics...(MIss Saigon anyone?)

it keeps the activity on the cutting edge....nope..sorry..high school marching bands have been doing this for years...

Allowing electronics doesn't mean everyone has to use them...yeah...only the corps that want to win, as there will be no way to accurately judge them, as there hasn't been for narration...those that use them won't get points taken off...winner...

Groups are free to have their unique colors and sounds....well, they have that now...as they've had for years...are you gonna tell me that the Cavies sound like Phantom?

why do people insist on wanting to make drum corps easier? to steal lines from "A League of Their Own", "it's supposed to be hard...if it wasn't hard everyone would do it...the hard is what makes it great."

Any high school band can add bass guitars, and narration, and synthesizers, etc....it takes drum corps to take brass, drums and color guard to make it great.