incognito

Hey, very interested to hear about incognito's show tonight; if you can talk about it that is...

Hey, very interested to hear about incognito's show tonight; if you can talk about it that is...

I thought they did well for a first year corps, first show. Was pleasantly surprised. Drill is overly simplified, but that's okay. I thought the kids did a fine job.

Was able to see them in the lot seemed, first show nerves I guess.

Cant wait to see their entire production, great to see another corps on the field.

From my Brea review:

Incognito....first ever performance for a new corps!

Some performance issues typical of a first-time corps, some phasing, lack of support, etc...a lot of nerves. BUT they performed a solid show and there were moments of pure brass brilliance...some VERY good attacks and unison chords. battery was more than a bit dirty, but the important thing is there were THERE. And now that the first performance is under their belt, they have nowhere to go but up. Uniform wise...black pants and an 80s BD top....I saw something on the sleeves up near the shoulders....I wonder if they got the other half of the Pacifica HS uniforms...En Garde got some and we intended to alter them so they didn't look so BD-ish. Visors for headgear, I think. I didn't count numbers ('cause I had to go back to my table), but they were one of the larger Opens....on a par with VK for numbers.

Someone at the souvie booth said the kids didn;t want to stop when the season was over....I told her if they were aging out, to send 'em MY way!!

You know...I'm very supportive of what you guys are doing.

A lot of love from VK. We were starting a corps again last year. I know it is hard. BUT...you guys DID show up with a strong showing.

Imagine in 10 years........

I appreciate what you are doing. Much support (and applause) from all of us at VK.....

......can't wait to see you guys in a week.....

I really think I can speak for everyone at VK when I say best of luck to all of you through what will be an incredible summer for all of you.....

Kick some butt, ok?

Love you guys. GO FOR IT!!!!!!

You know...I'm very supportive of what you guys are doing.

A lot of love from VK. We were starting a corps again last year. I know it is hard. BUT...you guys DID show up with a strong showing.

Imagine in 10 years........

I appreciate what you are doing. Much support (and applause) from all of us at VK.....

......can't wait to see you guys in a week.....

I really think I can speak for everyone at VK when I say best of luck to all of you through what will be an incredible summer for all of you.....

Kick some butt, ok?

Love you guys. GO FOR IT!!!!!!

I was sitting in the stands with some alumni and a current member of VK that had to sit out for the performance.

She was very impressed with the corps and strongly applauded/whooped for you guys.

Yea. You got VK love.

What a process leading up to touching that field on Saturday. I want to say thank you to all for understanding about first time jitters. There were times in the show I said to myself, "NOOOOO we never missed that part during rehearsal!?" but then I was really happy because they were on the field and was able to get through the show.

The best thing about his experience is the love and support from other corps. Some would think there's no love between corps. This is not true. I met a lot of the staff members and they took the time to come over to say "nice show" and so on. They had a lot of class and it makes all the difference in the world.

VK rocks because the ENTIRE staff and Corps director have been supportive behind the scenes and without their love for this sport, my experience as a corps director would not have been so memorable on Saturday.

People say that the corps members are the reflection of the staff and program and this held true on Saturday. The VK members came up to my members and talked, shared stories, and congratulated each other like how friends are suppose to be. This is classy and that is how I love our corps to be.

No matter if we fall on our faces or if we succeed to the top, we are all in this together and we won't bail. Have a great season corps, and to the fans, come and watch, give Incognito a chance to earn your respect!

-Incognitus