The Concord Show

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I want pictures, I know SCV has new threads but Ross is reporting that BD also has new threads.......

Edited by CoreyD

CoolGuy Cali <<<<<<<<< 619

JP

Hey, Anyone hear anything from the concord show.

My personal prediction, with respect to both corps!

SCV will have a new spirit, and something to prove after last year. But, will the staff changes work to their benefit this early in the season.

BD- Expect greatness, have heard some great stuff about the percussion, lets see how they bring it..

It is early in the season.

My Guess

BD: 73.8

SCV 71.8

Both high

well, as long as it's an exhibition, I say we make it... ummmmmmm:

SCV: 99.5

BD: 99.4

That leaves room for improvement between now and August. :lookaround:

I want pictures, I know SCV has new threads but Ross is reporting that BD also has new threads.......

From what I can see on the fan network video, BD has:

-White plumes

-Silver Sash

-Silver drop sash

Seems to be kinda old school.

Sexy though.

SEXY BASSLINE.

OMG.

I love it.

From what I can see on the fan network video, BD has:

-White plumes

-Silver Sash

-Silver drop sash

Seems to be kinda old school.

Sexy though.

SEXY BASSLINE.

OMG.

I love it.

Was wondering if BD would ever bring their sash back. Old skool is in again.

Now, I'm just theorizing here, but it makes me wonder if the addition of the extra color to the uniform is to help show how much they've really been moving all these years when people were criticizing their visual program. The white and/or silver helps accent their moves a little more.

Regardless, I watched the On Demand video and BD is running all over the place. I cannot wait to see this show with the closer in.

Edited by pags

Finally home from the show.

BD is running all over the place. The opening battery parts are off the hook. Got a chance to see the drums they used as their pit cart passed us by, they looked like a cross between an indoor snare drum and a African tribal drum, really cool look and sound. To me it felt like the show was not finished, but what they've already got on the field was on fire........ Hot hot hot guard uniform too and always impressive in their movement and equipment work. Maybe the pit was amped up a little too loud according to those around me, but I just said that the horn line will catch up to that (they were already loud as is) and justify the volume .............

SCV did not have their new unis yet. Six tenor line is impressive. The horn book and show concept quite cerebral in my opinion. Very enjoyable. Staging for off the line was interesting. Six freaking tenors! Unbelievable! Chelsea, we love you.......

More later, I have to wake up @ 3:30 this morning to go to work @ 5am...........

No scores?? Only an exhibition?! Why didn't they tell us this ahead of time? :tongue:

Well shoot, we at least need some show reviews. Thanks for that little blurb. I'm thirsting for more though...

Update...

Just watched the shows in DCI Fan Network. For those of you who don't subscribe to it, here we go:

BD - thought I was looking at SCV '07's guard when they took the field! Pink, orange, and poles! But they did some really cool stuff with those flexible poles when they shook them. I thought I saw a glimmer of a wave formation for a second. I predict BD will lose those drop down sashes by Finals. They mess up their intervals. I recognized most of the music from BDs show, which is a good thing, because the crowd will get into it! Their guard and drill, although dirty, seemed cleaner than SCVs.

SCV - Their drill is just out of this world! I LOVE it! Woo-hoos! I agree this is more of an intellectual show. They're going to have to start pouring some serious emotion into it if they're going to sell the crowd. I thought the hornline sounded better than BDs. I'm talking tone quality, balance, stick-outs, etc.

I don't think either corps performed their closer. He who fields it first will definitely have an advantage over the other.

Edited by PeeWee