My guard isnt using them, but I personally bought one, and their kinda awkward. Also, they are heavy, but other than that they are pretty good. They add a new dimension to the routines.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one in my hands this week. They are nice to spin and toss. It takes a little practice to get the tossing right. But it looks good and flows balanced as you spin. I think the over all visual will be well recieved. I like the look of this piece of equipment. I can not wait to see a drum corps use them.

I saw Pioneer and Boston using them at tonight's show in Dublin.

they look like a batlith (sp) the Klingon fighting blade

I'm using them this fall in the High School show I'm writing. It is a little heavier than a rifle, but is nicely balanced. I think that the kids will take to them faster than a regular weapon. Or I can trick them into more advanced work with out them knowing it.

Now I've seen that you can "roll" these things on the ground- I wonder if that would have been grounds for a penalty back in the 70's? :tongue:

I wonder if these things will be the invention that finally takes the "weapon" out of weapons. In contrast to previous attempts at curved wooden devices, that seemed to be less capable than a rifle, these actually look to be more capable with:

All those hand hold positions providing new options for tosses and tricks.

Theoretically less breakage, with the heavy plastic construction.

Possibly less blowing around on high tosses, with all the holes cutting down on wind resistance.

Interesting! I would think the school district market (at least) would be pretty receptive to this new option.

they look like a batlith (sp) the Klingon fighting blade

*cough cough* Velvet Knights 96..."Magical Mystery Tour in Space"

Caltrans orange!! Hellen Keller could've seen them ('course, there was also the guard doing the SCV Bottle Dance to the Imperial March....while wearing a Darth Vader headpiece!)

I wonder if these things will be the invention that finally takes the "weapon" out of weapons. In contrast to previous attempts at curved wooden devices, that seemed to be less capable than a rifle, these actually look to be more capable with:

All those hand hold positions providing new options for tosses and tricks.

Theoretically less breakage, with the heavy plastic construction.

Possibly less blowing around on high tosses, with all the holes cutting down on wind resistance.

Interesting! I would think the school district market (at least) would be pretty receptive to this new option.

Yeah, they cut through the air and look #### fast!