The Stillwater Saloon

Dot Matrix printer....SWEET

dude that guy is probably CEO of e machines or something by now... smoking his way to hell...

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I almost didn't post because I don't want to be lynched, but I was at the show and just got home a little while ago. Unfortunately, I was talking to some corps staff friends and didn't actually pay attention to the scores. I can confirm the order reported:

1. PR

2. Crown

3. BK

4. Colts

5. Madison

6. Blue Stars

I was also dealing with my extremely cranky 15-month old daughter, so I didn't get to see Colts or BK (although I was at BK's rehearsal in the afternoon and saw their last practice run). I also attended a little of Blue Stars' practice. Given how that went, it's not a surprise to me that Madison clipped them tonight. They're going to be nip and tuck all season, I think.

Sorry I'm not more informative.

And my name is Chad...

A Chad in the balance. Who knew ?

Thanks for filling us in.

Good luck with your Daughter.

She's obviously asleep right now...... and we're getting crankier by the minute and what to pee and poop a little on the Stillwater Judges tires

and this is the guy posting the scores:

nerd.jpg

no, that's the visual judge at intermission having a smoke break.

no, that's the visual judge at intermission having a smoke break.

those glasses are GLORIOUS...! haha :tongue:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

dude that guy is probably CEO of e machines or something by now... smoking his way to hell...

No doubt selling these in Minnesota

motorola.jpg

So I just got back from the show, and here is my opinion.

Blue Star: I thought they had a good show. The horns sound good at the beginning, but then sound rough towards the end. Really don't like their theme, but they are at least getting it across. Not a big fan of the handle bars at the end of the flag poles. Don't think this is going to be their top 12 show. Though I could be wrong. The could clean it and make changes and they could break in.

Madison: I've been reading the blog for the past couple weeks, and personally I think its total over-hype. I still think they're young, and need some work. Their guard needs some major work, but its only the beginning of the season. Personally I don't think this is the Madison of two or three years ago. This is the Madison of like 2002, give them a year or so, and they'll get in swing of things again. But overall they sounded good, especially standing still. I wish them luck. I hope they do well the rest of the year.

Colts: Of course I liked their show. They were very much entertaining. The hornline needs some work with tone, but over all they are loud, and their guard was pretty clean, or at least I thought for June 22nd. The drumline is way better then the past few years. I especially loved the drum break close to the closer, it was pretty hot.

Blue Knights: Didn't get it. I think their ballad is all pit, with the horns and drumline doing movement. I'll have to wait for finals, to make my final judgement on them. But the closer hurt my ears. It did not sound good. I don't know if that was the point, because at the beginning the Tubas played petal notes. But they were playing eigth notes, and it sound blotchy and bright. Don't want to be mean, but not my favorite show.

Phantom Regiment: It was Phantom, enough said. I thought it was good. I thought their mellos were amazing, especially their mellophone soloist. He had an amazing tone, and though he fraked a couple times, I still thought it sounded great. The guard was cool, I'm sure they'll add a lot more as the season goes on like they always do. But I wasn't expecting the drum major to kill one of the guard girls. But it all fits in to the story. I guess the last thing to say is I AM SPARTACUS!

Carolina Crown: I loved their show last year, and was really looking forward to see them this year. The beginning was awesome. By far the loudest hornline of the night. The music was great, very much recognizable, and played very well. The drill was fast and exciting, and the guard had some hard a** work. I'm excited to see what they do with this show. They have become one of my new favorite corps.

Overall it was a great night of drum corps, I wish everyone luck, and hope to see them in Indiana.

So I just got back from the show, and here is my opinion.

Blue Star: I thought they had a good show. The horns sound good at the beginning, but then sound rough towards the end. Really don't like their theme, but they are at least getting it across. Not a big fan of the handle bars at the end of the flag poles. Don't think this is going to be their top 12 show. Though I could be wrong. The could clean it and make changes and they could break in.

Madison: I've been reading the blog for the past couple weeks, and personally I think its total over-hype. I still think they're young, and need some work. Their guard needs some major work, but its only the beginning of the season. Personally I don't think this is the Madison of two or three years ago. This is the Madison of like 2002, give them a year or so, and they'll get in swing of things again. But overall they sounded good, especially standing still. I wish them luck. I hope they do well the rest of the year.

Colts: Of course I liked their show. They were very much entertaining. The hornline needs some work with tone, but over all they are loud, and their guard was pretty clean, or at least I thought for June 22nd. The drumline is way better then the past few years. I especially loved the drum break close to the closer, it was pretty hot.

Blue Knights: Didn't get it. I think their ballad is all pit, with the horns and drumline doing movement. I'll have to wait for finals, to make my final judgement on them. But the closer hurt my ears. It did not sound good. I don't know if that was the point, because at the beginning the Tubas played petal notes. But they were playing eigth notes, and it sound blotchy and bright. Don't want to be mean, but not my favorite show.

Phantom Regiment: It was Phantom, enough said. I thought it was good. I thought their mellos were amazing, especially their mellophone soloist. He had an amazing tone, and though he fraked a couple times, I still thought it sounded great. The guard was cool, I'm sure they'll add a lot more as the season goes on like they always do. But I wasn't expecting the drum major to kill one of the guard girls. But it all fits in to the story. I guess the last thing to say is I AM SPARTACUS!

Carolina Crown: I loved their show last year, and was really looking forward to see them this year. The beginning was awesome. By far the loudest hornline of the night. The music was great, very much recognizable, and played very well. The drill was fast and exciting, and the guard had some hard a** work. I'm excited to see what they do with this show. They have become one of my new favorite corps.

Overall it was a great night of drum corps, I wish everyone luck, and hope to see them in Indiana.

Scores?