Dublin Irish Pub

What the hell is up with Bluecoats this year so far? No hype on their forums, not a lot of hype from homers on here. Did last year's finish (after 'this is our year to take it!') silence the Blue Crew?

what are you talking about? Bluecoats got hammered in visual tonight because curtis costanza was on the panel. And there's plenty of hype about them this year. Bluecoats have far more demanding drill than any of the corps performing tonight... it's a long distance race people.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell is up with Bluecoats this year so far? No hype on their forums, not a lot of hype from homers on here. Did last year's finish (after 'this is our year to take it!') silence the Blue Crew?

No, I think most people have realized that the Bluecoats are going to be annual contenders for the top 7 and its kind of a waste of time, space, thought, etc to really get jacked up about June drum corps (when, lets face it, its just varying degrees of dirtiness).

Any Blue homers that know anything about whats going on knows why everything is the way it is right now....pretty new vis and cg staff will put them a little behind the music package (which is apparently incredible...I've only heard recordings and was impressed, not easy to do in June). Bluecoats have never come out of the gate with strong visual numbers anyway....if you're really shocked by Boston or Crossmen or Glassmen hanging with them for a couple of shows....uhhh, not sure what to say except play the wait and see game because the cream usually rises to the top. Cadets have taken lumps in June for years, only to annually win the whole thing or finish in the top 3.

DW

what are you talking about? Bluecoats got hammered in visual tonight because curtis costanza was on the panel. And there's plenty of hype about them this year. Bluecoats have far more demanding drill than any of the corps performing tonight... it's a long distance race people.

Oh that explains a lot too....Can't Stand Ya is a Blue basher royale.

DW

No hate here. I've been a long-time fan and follower and I respect what they're doing.

In my following, I noticed such a great volume of hype last year all the way up until the end. This season, there is significantly less. Is the staff keeping them quiet?

I know they're very young this year and, having been a part of an extremely young corps myself (with high hopes), I know that it's not easy tom keep quiet with a show designed to win. Were they humbled by the other talent surrounding them last year or is the show just designed as a rebuilder for this year?

I know that sounds really bad and I sincerely don't want to hate, but I don't really know how to convey what I'm trying to ask.

Poor Boston, So Close, but yet, so far..... Blooooo needs to sort out their visual...

BAC gained .8 on the Coats tonight, so not really so far at all. :tongue:

Costanza wasn't on the vis perf caption though, he was on vis GE, where 'Coats took second by only a tenth. Just sayin'...

Curtis Costanza had a problem with Jamie Oakley. Jamie Oakley's gone and I don't think that Costanza's scoring can be used as too much of an excuse anymore.

Much more difficult book? That's so much more of a respectable answer for the visual problems. Don't cop out on blaming a judge with old beef (that no longer applies) that isn't even judging the caption they were hammered in.

Come on now. Let 04-07 go.

Edited by Senisa

BAC gained .8 on the Coats tonight, so not really so far at all. :tongue:

BAC is obviously doing a great job this year. However, it looks like the only thing they have right now over bluecoats is visual. They're not even coming close in most of the music captions. We'll see how things play out once costanza's off the panel.

edit - ok maybe costanza has nothing to do with anything after all.. hey at least I admit when i'm wrong right? eh? eh?

Edited by baristeve