Dublin Irish Pub

Noticeably absent was their superfan who waves the Union Jack and hypes the crowd up before their shows, so I provided the "They're always ready! They're rocking!" in his place, which the G-men fans sitting next to me got a kick out :tongue:

Not to worry. I got the word from G-men's souvie staff that he'll be joining up with the corps in July.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen up next. On my way to Planet X as I type. Guard's singing a song as they enter the field.

Wonder if it was "Amen, Halleujah"...that's what we used to sing going on the field. :tongue:

(It's KILLING me to be involved with Spirit for 23 years and be at home the day my daughter marches her first show!!)

She is? excellent. :tongue:

Hi Ginger!! <waves>

She is? excellent. :tongue:

Hi Ginger!! <waves>

Hi!

Yes.......she's on the field and mom and dad are both too booked with camps to see her until mid-July. Grrrrrr......

Hope you're doing well! Be sure to yell for her if you go to a show! :tongue:

I'm working on uploading my pictures onto my Photobucket account. Look for them sometime tomorrow morning or early afternoon.

Hi!

Yes.......she's on the field and mom and dad are both too booked with camps to see her until mid-July. Grrrrrr......

Hope you're doing well! Be sure to yell for her if you go to a show! :tongue:

Hey, Ginger? Nice avatar!

Garry in Vegas

Photos from tonight's show:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v80/gale...20OH%206-22-08/

Enjoy the video at the end- sorry my camera cut out for the first part.

"... One thing I'm curious about- where is "Moondance" in their program? I saw it listed in the program book but didn't hear it on the field..."

It's in their ballad - the August Rhapsody arrangement from the movie August Rush. Definitely not the Van Morrison jazz version you're used to hearing.

From the recaps, it doesn't look like it was CC, it was Mark Hart. . .who had the Crossmen (sub-caption) , Gmen and BAC all in front of Blooo....WOW! Someone needs to inquire about that. . .seems odd. Based on the discussion in this thread, it seems like Mr. Hart already has a reputation for being a poor adjudicator. Perhaps DCI, should go the way of WGI and quietly dismiss some of their adjudicators. . . :tongue:

:tongue: Wait a minute!! Mark Hart was at the show in Dublin. You weren't. What are you basing this on? Galen was there and said this:

Bluecoats... I thought that they actually deserved the low visual score they got tonight, because I saw lots of staging issues where it was really hard to see the "characters" as the show progressed.

Should DCI get rid of him, as well? Before you go firing judges in your mind, you might want to consider that maybe Mr. Hart got the caption scores right for this particular show.

Look, I have no personal connection to any of these people. It just bugs me when a fan complains that scores fell in an unexpected way and immediately assumes there must have been a conspiracy or judge incompetence that accounts for the score. Do you want predictable pre-slotted scores that better reflect what happened in earlier seasons or an earlier show this season, or do you want it scored right, as it went down at that particular show? Who's really biased here?