The Official 2008 Crossmen Thread

I know they get practice, but competing provides feedback.

They did get judges tapes from that show even though it was cancelled, so they did get some nice feedback =)

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The results tonght from a Crossmen perspectve aren't qute what I hoped. But, it gives us a perspective on where the judges are placing the Crossmen right now.

Had a friend in the audience who marched in a DCI corps for many years, and he is extremely critical. His opinion was Crossmen had a nice show and should have been two positions higher.

Performers are working hard and enjoying themselves on the field, that's an important thing. They have three shows this week, (Ocean Springs, MS; Lafayette, LA, and Dallas, TX) before they get to San Antonio.

Had a friend in the audience who marched in a DCI corps for many years, and he is extremely critical. His opinion was Crossmen had a nice show and should have been two positions higher.

Performers are working hard and enjoying themselves on the field, that's an important thing. They have three shows this week, (Ocean Springs, MS; Lafayette, LA, and Dallas, TX) before they get to San Antonio.

Thanks for this report.

No recap yet at dci.org. It's less than the point from Spirit. Spirit's scores have been kind of flat over the last five contests:

72.8, 73.2, 73.7, 73.75, 74.475

Maybe they can be caught. But, we have to wait until Tuesday night to find out.

Edited by barigirl78

No recap yet at dci.org. It's less than the point from Spirit. Spirit's scores have been kind of flat over the last five contests:

72.8, 73.2, 73.7, 73.75, 74.475

Maybe they can be caught.

They most definitely can be caught. To be honest, I don't know whey bones aren't beating them already.

The video is up already at the Fan network. I just watched it. The show design continues to evolve. The performance of the drill is greatly improved, but it can get better.

I haven't heard the hornline play this forcefully in years. There were a few goosebump moments. for me. The crowd really responded several times.

They put in the changes to the ballad. I like the arrangement. A little nerves did strike the soloists, though. That part can definitely improve and, with the right performance level, it will be another goosebump moment in the show.

They really are pushing it and working hard. I still think this show can lead to higher results than the last two years.

May I add that even though this is a Crossmen thread, the fact that the Crown moved ahead of the Cadets is pretty exciting. I really like the Crown's show and it gives one hope that there can be movement in the rankings. That's something that is relevant to the Crossmen discussion. If the Crown can move on the Cadets after many contests of being behind them by several points, it is possible for the Crossmen to make a move too.

IMO it takes multiple very strong performances to pass the corps in front of you. Just seems to be the way it works. I think Crossmen broke 72 on like, July 2nd or something... so that's basically 10 days of not much improvement in the score department, for whatever reason.

Keep plugin away... good things are happening in Texas. I thought when they announced the move that 09 would be a realistic shot at saturday night, but if it can happen a year earlier, I'm all for it =P