The Official 2008 Crossmen Thread

Congratulations, Crossmen, from this Madison Scout fan. These next weeks are going to be a heckuva ride!

I'll add to that. Everyone knows what a Madison fanatic I am but I did feel Crossmen deserved that 12th spot. I actually thought BK and the Glassmen were iffy at best. Congrats Bones! I really had a great time at the dome yesterday!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corps members were instructed to be at the buses at 4pm. To be together, for the score announcements. The members and staff gathering in a large tight circle, with family, alumni, and friends in a larger outside circle surrounding the corps. All standing quietly waiting to find out the results from the afternoon show.

In an instant, there was one loud yell, followed by high fives, hugs, briming smiles and many tears. Those of us in the outer circle didn't need to ask...we knew what had happened... Members/staff proceeded to the outer circle to find their family and friends...and the tears and hugs continued.

The CROSSMEN are back! The corps would be performing in tonight's FINALS.

I want to thank you for sharing your personal account of what went on. I was wondering this morning if anyone could provide a "crowd's eye" view of what went on. That you could tell us what happened when they heard the news was an extra bonus for me.

I felt like I was there.

They are now saying she has a dislocated knee and is on the way to the hospital or there already.

Another guard member had the presence of mind to help her off and continue with the performance.

I felt so bad for her, and a little embarrassed because I was there in the stadium and didn't even notice until the performance was over. The Crossmen were so good yesterday that I'll bet 90% of the audience didn't notice the young lady was injured until they were done. I hope she's OK. On a side note - it did give us something interesting to think about while the Blue Knights were on.

Saw our FIRST LIVE contest in San Antonio yesterday.

The Preshow Front Ensemble

Because the corps was on after intermission the pit set up early and played Across the Universe as the corps was entering...my first tearful moment...nice arrangement.

Afternoon Contest

Fantastic crowd response as soon as the corps stepped onto the field. Lots of folks standing and clapping even before one note was played.

Performance seemed cautious..many parts clean, but excitement level from the corps that I heard occurred on Thursday in Dallas, was subdued.

The Results and the emotions

The corps members were instructed to be at the buses at 4pm. To be together, for the score announcements. The members and staff gathering in a large tight circle, with family, alumni, and friends in a larger outside circle surrounding the corps. All standing quietly waiting to find out the results from the afternoon show.

In an instant, there was one loud yell, followed by high fives, hugs, briming smiles and many tears. Those of us in the outer circle didn't need to ask...we knew what had happened... Members/staff proceeded to the outer circle to find their family and friends...and the tears and hugs continued.

The CROSSMEN are back! The corps would be performing in tonight's FINALS.

Once the scene was calm...the cell phones came out and many were seen walking around the parking lot excited to share the news with those not in attendance in San Antonio.

The Evening Performance

As the corps entering the field for the night performance....the stadium erupted in applause,,,with many standing and cheering. The corps began to warm up...and the crowd began to cheer even louder this time...because in the back stands and on the jumbotron one lone figure was extremely noticeable to all in attendance. BONES was standing proud... giving inspiration to the corps at their San Antonio home.

The evening performance was less tentative than what the corps did in the afternoon. The crowd's reaction to the show was awesome, claps, cheers throughout the entire performance. The members could feel the energy and walked heads held high as they excited the dome.

After the contest, many members, alumni, family, friends hung out by the buses to wish the corps continued success as they head to Indiana. It was a wonderful day in San Antonio...but with continued hard work, strong performances, lots of heart, and perserverance the CROSSMEN WILL experience MANY fantastic days over the next few weeks. The buses left the parking lot and San Antonio and headed on the road again.

Crossmen are rehearsing in Aubrey, TX today, Sunday 7/20.

Contest tonight

Red River Thunder at SH Collins Athletic Complex

Denton, TX

Show Line Up

Frontier

Pioneer

Troopers

Crossmen

Boston Crusaders

Blue Knights

Bluecoats

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

Congratulations CROSSMEN...

Reading your post gave me goosebumps...this is what it is to be a part of the Crossmen family. Welcome home Bones - 11 more days :thumbup:

Less than two weeks until Allentown!! :thumbup: