The Port Huron Pub

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice pictures, Galen. Thank you. :tongue:

Cavies haven't had to change because they were so far in the lead, and good on them for it.

Exactly: Cavaliers haven't had to change because they are consistently successful with their designs. I do think that visually they continue to set new standards,

For example, last year they did the 'drop and roll' thing with the hornline to try and add more visual effect than just marching around a field. From what (little) I've seen this year from them already, they have taken that to another level and have better integrated it into the drill.

Looking at other corps, Blue Devils this year especially, lots of corps are changing their game to better emulate Cavaliers winning visual formula

Hate to end on a sad note, but we got some sad news at the end of this show. After 30 consective years of operation, Bluewater Brass looks to be no more after this year. No explanation was given for why the show is being suspended/cancelled. All that the pressbox announcer said was that tonight was the last Port Huron show "for now". If it is the last hurrah for Port Huron, it'll be a sad day from drum corps. I marched at this show each of the 3 years I marched and always loved coming here. I loved all the quirks of this show, from the tiny bleachers to the DM conducting from the 3rd row of seats to the town crier's proclamations to fans actually sitting in the back stands. Hopefully this decision can be reversed :thumbup:

This sucks... I knew this day was coming soon... if I had known that this would be the last Blue Water Brass ever, I would have gone! I didn't even find out until I read the DCW article:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/content/view/3496/64/

Apparently they've lost money on the show the last 3 years. Even with bringing in only 4 corps in 2006 and selling $5 back sideline seats every year. I can think of some possible reasons that they've lost money, reasons that are beyond their control.

It really sucks. I have tons of memories of that show, as a fan, member, and instructor. That show was the first place I ever saw a drum corps, live or in person. dang... :tongue: