Bonnie Ott Returns to the Field

We DO have a spot...

:lookaround::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::smile::angry::rock:

Thanks again for helping with the solos!

For all the folks out there - Larrie Dastrup, in addition to being an amazing and consistent soloist, has created and coordinated all of the solos for the Renegades over the past 10 years.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We DO have a spot...

:lookaround::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::smile::angry::rock:

Thanks again for helping with the solos!

For all the folks out there - Larrie Dastrup, in addition to being an amazing and consistent soloist, has created and coordinated all of the solos for the Renegades over the past 10 years.

Larrie kicks so much ###, it's almost incalculable.

I, too, here in my little corner of Texas, miss that guy......................I can't imagine, even with how awesome Renegades are this year, how much it sucks not having him around........

Hmm Larrie leaves and Bonnie shows up How do we know that's really Bonnie and not Larrie in drag?

It be nice to have both of you throwing down!

Hmm Larrie leaves and Bonnie shows up How do we know that's really Bonnie and not Larrie in drag?

It be nice to have both of you throwing down!

:lookaround:

Sara,

Are you marching this year?

Karen

My back was not cooporating with me this year, so I've moved to the pit.

It's been a whole new musical challenge, playing percussion instruments and orchestra bells and different listening responsibilities and so far I've really enoyed it. And we are on the field this year as opposed to the front sideline, so yes, I am on the field this year, but no, not marching. Just standing there hitting things really LOUD!!!

We'll have to catch up off the forum sometime Karen, life is really good these days!

Thanks for the kind words!

I must say what a thrill it was to finally meet one my childhood idols for the first time! Bonnie came over to my house to work on the "Space Shuttle" solo. I had never met her before and here I was about to show her how to play a solo that I had written for her! It was kinda surreal.

I was 14 years old the very first time that I had heard her play and was just simply amazed at the beautiful sound that she got out of that chrome-plated p/r mellophone! :lookaround:

Thanks for the kind words!

I must say what a thrill it was to finally meet one my childhood idols for the first time! Bonnie came over to my house to work on the "Space Shuttle" solo. I had never met her before and here I was about to show her how to play a solo that I had written for her! It was kinda surreal.

I was 14 years old the very first time that I had heard her play and was just simply amazed at the beautiful sound that she got out of that chrome-plated p/r mellophone! :lookaround:

That's cool. We miss having you around this year, Larrie.

But, I think you will be very proud of the 2008 corps.

Now if you guys talked her into digging out the original charts for "Chase the Clouds Away" and the corps learned it, that might just be way too ####### cool ... I mean throwin' babies cool. I mean leaping off the back of the stadium to your certain death knowing that you'll never again see anything cooler cool.

:lookaround::smile:

My back was not cooporating with me this year, so I've moved to the pit.

It's been a whole new musical challenge, playing percussion instruments and orchestra bells and different listening responsibilities and so far I've really enoyed it.

Sara, as a former horn player myself, my percussion technique with the Westshoremen Alumni corps' pit is: Hit the concert bass drum and gong until they beg for mercy.

I hope this advice helps. :lookaround:

Fran