When did YOU realize that Crown's hornline was "for real&quot

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First time I saw them was Atlanta '06. I thought they sounded great. But I didn't really think "Wow" until the first time I heard the chord in '07. Gorgeous.

2003 - beginning of season - new uniforms, new look and specifically, NEW SOUND for the corps after a rather flat 2002. I saw them early on at Giants stadium. I was distracted by the new unis and the plume on the side of their shako, until they hit the first big hit after all of the bell sounds - WOW, quickly forgot about the plumes after that :)

Crown's hornline seems to get better each year, but I had trouble remembering exactly when I first started to get "hip" to them being a legitimate hornline. What about you?

In 2001 there was defiantly a hint of it. But I always thought the 2001 line was way to bottom heavy.

2003 was a big step......and it's been building more momentum each season....

Curious to hear the huge super-low brass this season......

2003 - beginning of season - new uniforms, new look and specifically, NEW SOUND for the corps after a rather flat 2002. I saw them early on at Giants stadium. I was distracted by the new unis and the plume on the side of their shako, until they hit the first big hit after all of the bell sounds - WOW, quickly forgot about the plumes after that :)

I was at Giant Stadium that night and feel the exact same way. They really made a statement....and the crowd ate them up

in 1992 when we beat a top 12 contender in brass at Preview of Champions when we were merely 3rd in Division II

or 1993, when the corps was 21st place, and we beat SCV and took 7th in the Tone and intonation subcaption

or in 1995 on the concert recording of Watermark when I could feel the overtones

or in 2004 when the whole program started clicking to the point that I could see the corps I marched oh so long ago now started looking like a future champion

or 2007 when the brass only recording became my favorite drum corps recording ever

I haven't yet but I'm going to listen really closely in San Antonio. So far Crown has not impressed me all that much.

How could you possibly say that? you are a drummer and you are not impressed by their drum scores either? did you listen to 2007