2008 Cadets show

Hmmm......well, let's see. One show cancelled and not replaced and still seats left between the 40's for next weeks Clifton show. Upgrades, giveaways and prizes if you buy tickets ?? Ticket sales are down for Clifton this year and arent all that record setting for the Aug. show either.

Geoffrey

Please tell me how you know all this. I'd like to see what factual evidence you have.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...talk about conspiracies... Do you have any evidence to prove that the cadets are lying about the contsruction at coatsville high school? As far as the clifton show, I've gotten emails and promotions every year, whether it's for westminster, giants stadium, or annapolis. I understand that you've been going to the shows for a long time, but the evidence you just presented was...well, not :angry:

NO, hardly evidence at all, 'cept the fact that up intil Yesterday i wasnt going to Clifton, Now I am, and on the 47 yardline !

Just saying that their narration/controversey idea of generating interest is just as farfetched as their shows not selling as good as they used to.

Geoffrey

Please tell me how you know all this. I'd like to see what factual evidence you have.

I talk to people, just like anyone else who has been a part of the activity for 29 years.

Im not using my knowledge to make a point really so it doesnt matter who accepts it or not.

Geoffrey

NO, hardly evidence at all, 'cept the fact that up intil Yesterday i wasnt going to Clifton, Now I am, and on the 47 yardline !

Just saying that their narration/controversey idea of generating interest is just as farfetched as their shows not selling as good as they used to.

Geoffrey

Well...ok then :angry: And no, I dont think the narration/ controversy turns brings people in, any more than it turns people away. Most of the people going to shows probably have very little idea what the cadets are going to do anyway. They may have seen them in past years, and remember that they were the ones that 'talked', but I doubt they've been reading the online reviews and hearing of the controversy.

Btw....just be grateful you're going to a show. My first will be in august, thanks to the lovely 5th of july parade I get to march in...

Edited by euponitone

Hmmm......well, let's see. One show cancelled and not replaced and still seats left between the 40's for next weeks Clifton show. Upgrades, giveaways and prizes if you buy tickets ?? Ticket sales are down for Clifton this year and arent all that record setting for the Aug. show either.

Geoffrey

Yeah, but do you realize how many people buy tickets AT the show? I do at every show I go to and there is usually a line a mile long. So those are the people I'm talking about. Maybe a lot of them read about all of this controversy and decide to go to the show at the last minute.

Yeah, but do you realize how many people buy tickets AT the show? I do at every show I go to and there is usually a line a mile long. So those are the people I'm talking about. Maybe a lot of them read about all of this controversy and decide to go to the show at the last minute.

Its a fine idea....and not one that we'll be able to prove in any case...so....business as usual... :angry:

I talk to people, just like anyone else who has been a part of the activity for 29 years.

Im not using my knowledge to make a point really so it doesnt matter who accepts it or not.

Geoffrey

You haven't talked to EVERY person in the country. Look, you are one of the people who's opinions I respect the most, but you can't go around making unproven statements based on your emotions about narration. I purchased a ticket to the Riverside show last year in Cali to see SCV and BD about a week before the show. My seat was on the 45 as well. But you know what? There were a lot of people who purchased tickets AT the show. The same may happen at Clifton, or not. But people still buy tickets at the show.

Edited by 2000Cadet

To you, maybe your Cadets ice cream only has sprinkles on top that can be scraped off, but to many, it's swirled in deep, with no hope of separation.

Then don't eat the ice cream. Excuse yourself from the table when the Cadets are entering the field, come back when they are done. Very simple solution.

You haven't talked to EVERY person in the country. Look, you are one of the people who's opinions I respect the most, but you can't go around making unproven statements based on your emotions about narration.

I dont think he's trying to prove anything. Just throwing another hat into the ring, as it were....

Btw....just be grateful you're going to a show. My first will be in august, thanks to the lovely 5th of july parade I get to march in...

We can both agree on that ! I am grateful indeed that despite shows dropping like flies and the DCI touring model not being like it used to be, I still have a few shows around to get my fix.

Ne London, CT. Clifton, NJ, and Bristol, RI ....I sure do remember when I already had 8 or nine under my belt by Independence day.

Geoffrey

I remember vividly 4th of July parades, carrying a Xylo...?? Ugh, my back remembers too !