Countdown to Clovis

We could see our first 80+ tonight! Someone needs to hit 80 soon..We're almost to July for crying out loud..lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awwww... this was the show where I made my spur of the momment Star Spangled Banner debut last year!

awwww... this was the show where I made my spur of the momment Star Spangled Banner debut last year!

Did you do it like Little Richard? you know like in Mystery Alaska (the movie)?

Did you do it like Little Richard? you know like in Mystery Alaska (the movie)?

Oh heck no! I was already sweating as it was! No need to lengthen it out. Put it this way. I was asked to do it about 5 minutes before they needed it done. Just long enough for me to find the lyrics on my phone so I didn't screw up and just short enough that I didn't have time to get nervous. Luckily I was able to hide up in the press box because of the timing and just belted it acapella through the mic. I did get a standing "o" from the judges, though. One made the comment. "Oh... that's how it goes. I'd forgotten" how it sounded." :smile:

Oh heck no! I was already sweating as it was! No need to lengthen it out. Put it this way. I was asked to do it about 5 minutes before they needed it done. Just long enough for me to find the lyrics on my phone so I didn't screw up and just short enough that I didn't have time to get nervous. Luckily I was able to hide up in the press box because of the timing and just belted it acapella through the mic. I did get a standing "o" from the judges, though. One made the comment. "Oh... that's how it goes. I'd forgotten" how it sounded." :smile:

That's even funnier than the movie.... made me laugh!