Carolina Crown Show

1. Should it matter where Crown ends up this year? If the show's great, then who cares where they place. It's not like they're in trouble of falling out of Finals.

2. Let me give an example of how the medley approach could throw people off. They start the ballad with Claire De Lune, and suddenly Somewhere appears out of nowhere. Now I love Somewhere more than my luggage, but the sudden gear-shift threw me out of the show. This happens a lot.

3. The Hallelujah Chorus IS NOT THE END OF THE MESSIAH!!! Sorry, that one is a particular pet peeve of mine.

4. The tribute to great ending drill is a nice touch.

This show just isn't going to work for some people, and that's okay.

Edited by Pinwiz

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have to disagree with that, i've heard many (kids) complain all winter about where they sat at finals in placement.

Throughout the Winter, yes I'd agree with you that marching members will complain about previous year's placement. However, my point was that for one night the emotions at finals allow for the corps members to look past it, even it if is only for one night. At least in my experience I never cared where I placed on finals night. It took a day or two to say "what the hell? we were better than that!" Just motivation to work harder the next year.

I find this show to be quite funny. (In a good way)

I find this show to be quite funny. (In a good way)

Truthfully, while listening to the show all I could thing about was the Warner Bros. Orchestra. The show music is like a Looney Toons cartoon! Bugs Bunny shampooing Elmer Fudd, and the snake charming electric clippers... ahhh, hillarious.

Edited by beavs

Well, i'm a Crown dad and I enjoy the show (of course) but what I really want to hear is the closer to the three stooges! That would make my year

the show should be fun in my opinion

Edited by Casaba

Mmm not really. If you think no more needs to be said about the show (unless it's unparalleled praise, I guess), then by all means, you are free to go elsewhere for your drum corps discussion. Feel free to bow out of this thread at any time.

Personally speaking, I see nothing wrong with the level of criticism the show has received. There really hasn't been much in the way of nastiness directed at it. And honestly, I feel there are some very legitimate discussion-worthy concerns being talked about.

I have no problem with opinions, even if they are not favorable. Your posts at times are quite humorous. You are funny to me. You make me laugh. I think I will stick around just so I can read your posts and offer retort. I am allowed to disagree.

I don't think that it is necessary to be nasty about any corps show, but you feel free to flame away.

I don't think that it is necessary to be nasty about any corps show, but you feel free to flame away.

It is amazing that so much of my early music education came from Bugs Bunny! :thumbup:

You cannot be critical of a show like this, unless you are a judge. Look at what they are picking as the next champion! That really worries me, but so long as corps like CC are around and doing their thing the way I saw them in Rockford, corps shows will be worth going to at most any price!

I still would like to see some red hightops on the *tubaline* and maybe the ......

Energizer%20Bunny%20Medium%20Web%20view.jpg

Go CC and see you in Clifton! I'll have this on....

ContraDale1.jpg

Edited by BigDale

Throughout the Winter, yes I'd agree with you that marching members will complain about previous year's placement. However, my point was that for one night the emotions at finals allow for the corps members to look past it, even it if is only for one night. At least in my experience I never cared where I placed on finals night. It took a day or two to say "what the hell? we were better than that!" Just motivation to work harder the next year.

gotcha, and completely agree! =)

I think there is much more complexity in the visual design of this show than most are giving credit for. I watched the show three times before I caught the "disintegrating" company front a la 87 Cadets. Very clever and makes me wonder what else I missed.

I've not seen the show enough to see them, but I have it from a reliable source ( :thumbup: ) that there are mini- tributes to the company front, the bottle dance, the z-pull, the wedge-kick, and maybe some others I'm forgetting.

Edited by Crowncontramom