Why do we have to be a Dinosaur

Conveying the concept of breast cancer is nigh impossible.

The concept is finding happiness.......not breast cancer......the person in the story has found happiness after dealing with breast cancer. The show is called "the pursuit of happiness"......not "cancerous cells within my breast slowly destorying me".

If people can't figure that out then they may be extremely dense.......if you cant figure that out then really any theme of any drum corps show would be too difficlut for one to understand......no matter how it is presented

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M A DINOSAUR!!! RAWR!!!!! :-P

I'm a baby dinosaur. rawr.

Why? It's the easiest way to dismiss criticism, including the constructive variety. Anyone who complains simply isn't "keeping up" with the times. :tongue:

Today we don't even have a top 25 but 17. Why because we don't have 25 corps. And everytime I read "but corps are better then they were in 19?? or 20??" one more time I'll pimp slap someone.

George's "supercorps" wishes coming true.

Edited by byline

At my firehouse we're getting ready to celebrate 60 years of service next year. I want to have a reunion party for all the old members. But the members only want to do a parade. Why..because what came before them doesn't matter. They fight fires better, are better trained, have better engines and gear.

It really reminds me of Drum Corps. What happened in the past is nice but it's all about today.

I don't believe any of us are dinosaurs. We all have personal likes and dislikes, but that's what makes us unique. Many who are erroneously considered dinosaurs today may well have been considered radicals some years back when others who thought their likes and ideas were too progressive were considered dinosaurs at the time.

Drum corps evolves, but it is based on the foundation of everything that came before.

People who are called dinosaurs should be regarded as a valuable resource of the DNA that made drum corps what it is today. I'd rather have them around as being perceived by some as "dinosaurs" than to lose them to the scrap heap of drum corps history.

Every one of us is valuable to the activity. Welcome one and all!

I don't believe any of us are dinosaurs. We all have personal likes and dislikes, but that's what makes us unique. Many who are erroneously considered dinosaurs today may well have been considered radicals some years back when others who thought their likes and ideas were too progressive were considered dinosaurs at the time.

Drum corps evolves, but it is based on the foundation of everything that came before.

People who are called dinosaurs should be regarded as a valuable resource of the DNA that made drum corps what it is today. I'd rather have them around as being perceived by some as "dinosaurs" than to lose them to the scrap heap of drum corps history.

Michael Boo is a DINOSAUR!!!

(I KID!!! I KID!!!)

We all love you Michael...

Mr. Boo as usual well said. Total agreement. One quote..."Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it". Drum corps became different "because" it wasn't a band or orchestra. :tongue:

I'm getting sick and tired..tired and sick of people calling those that don't like the direction of the activity dinosaurs. Just because we don't like things doesn't make us a dinosaur, it means we don't like something.

I'm not old school, I learned about the activity in 1980, there were 21 class A and all girl corps, 44 corps in Prelims at championships. I marched in 1984..Go Bones. I grow up on Niner Two, New York Fantasy, T.O., Channel One Suite and others. I heard real drum solo's not breaks. Guards that didn't dance around for 75% of the show but did actual equipment work.

Today we don't even have a top 25 but 17. Why because we don't have 25 corps. And everytime I read "but corps are better then they were in 19?? or 20??" one more time I'll pimp slap someone. Guess why..Corps in 1972 were better then those in 1969. 1975 was better then 1972, 1984 was better then 1980, And guess what...2008 is better then all those years. It better be or something is seriously wrong. Heck I was better today then I was yesturday.

So when we're looking at the last 12 super corps and we can say theres not alot of them but there better then the ones in 2012 enjoy it. You won't be saying it in 2015. And us "dinosaurs" will be looking down saying we told you so.

No disrespect to you whatsoever, but some of you old-schoolers refer to yourselves as dinosaurs.

I knew a DILOPHOSAURUSCadet that thought singing should be allowed in drum corps, unamped. That guy was a dinosaur.

Edited by RAPTORScout