Favorite Pit So Far?

The Cavaliers. Great writing and tons of unique sounds with the variety of instruments they are using.

I totally agree. Cavies pit blew me away. The Japanese Tyco (sp?) drums and the Japanese wistles made for some really unique effects that fit perfectly with the show theme.

Runner up goes to Boston Crusaders pit. They also produce some very unique effects.

I was a huge fan of the Cavies pit when Erik was writing. Haven't really liked them the past two years. Now I can't wait to see em!

Erik is back.

The Japanese Tyco (sp?) drums

Taiko.

Based solely off the videos on Fan Network, I'm going with SCV and BD. With Cavies too.

I haven't liked SCV's pit book the past couple of years, but I love it so far this year. Lots of warmer writing, and some pretty challenging stuff going on. BD's pit has an amazing book as well.

Cavies, while I don't really like their book a lot, the textures they are creating are totally making that show for me. They are creating an entire musical mood, and it's fantastic.

I can't wait to go on tour so I can see more pits, including Phantom, who I'm sure is rockin as well!

Put my vote in for SCV and the Cavies

I didn't know Erik was back with the Cavaliers. If he is, then I don't even need to hear them. I'm sure they have the best written book in DCI.

1. Carolina Crown--they are going for an acoustic sound and balance very well with the hornline and battery. They know enough to TURN IT DOWN.

2. Regiment--they have those little marching blocks from past SCV

3. Cavaliers--the amping of the strings and woodwinds is great!