Hot drum corps nights, Glendale style!

just curious but, isn't it a little late to just now be learning an ending in such a short season?

Yes, it is. :thumbup:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from SCV's rehearsal. This is the first show I've seen all year, and by gosh I think it could medal. The whole package is there, it just needs a ton of soap and water.

Now...onto the closer. A good friend and staff member told me that they learned 150 sets in the last 2 days. Yes, you read that right...ONE HUNDRED FIFTY. For only doing the whole show for the 2nd time (which I recorded on my camera...I'll put it up later) it was pretty decent. Yeah, it is really dirty, there are MANY visual flaws, and the guard has virtually no work for the last movement, but those issues will get ironed out in the coming weeks. IMHO, I think the closer is probably the weakest part of the show from a design standpoint. It lacks visual velocity and the music writing doesn't have the "oomph" like a finale should have (it would work better as an opener ending, for example). But this shouldn't matter after they re-do the ending like everyone else does after San Antonio

I voted for PR in the poll simply because the show will be more dirty and exposed than last Sunday. If PR added a bunch of stuff, however, who knows where it will go. In the end, I think the true winners will be the fans who got to see SCV's first full show in uniform!!!

Now...if only it were the NEW uniforms...

Wait, they learned it ONLY in the past two days??? What the?!?! I was thinking that they've been learning it for a much longer time but it hasn't become viable enough to debut the ending until tonight. Oh well. I REALLY hope they can pull off some amazing stuff this year, cleaning wise.

I wouldn't call Phantom on the West Coast rare. They have been there every year since 2003 with the exception of 2006. This makes 5 out of the last 6 years. Of course, 2004 was only postseason - Tour of Champions.

Eh, it's rare by California standards when you include pre-2004 (I don't actually remember if they were out this far in 2003).

PR did have a 4 day hiatus from show while they did their traveling. Anyone know if anything was added during this?

Phantom...change things!?!?!? NEVER!!! :thumbup:

p.s. Lance. try not to merge threads whilst people are posting ;) luv ya...mean it