Rochester July 5th

Starting a new thread....hey didn't Oswego Black Knights play "A New Set of Threads?" Who did that tune originally? Great sop soloist too.

The Rochester Crusaders look forward to an amazing evening of Drum Corps this weekend!

---------------------------

Public Relations

Rochester Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps

The Rochester Crusaders look forward to an amazing evening of Drum Corps this weekend!

That's the spirit! Looking forward to hearing great things from Rochester, NY, this Sat evening. Would be a shock to hear that all the corps scored within a point of each other (and right around Bucs' score from VA). That'd make the boards buzz with excitement.

Edited by Dale Bari

Starting a new thread....hey didn't Oswego Black Knights play "A New Set of Threads?" Who did that tune originally? Great sop soloist too.

That is my home town and my original corps frm years ago.. and the soloist name was Red Swindel... Still one of the greatest soprano players I have every seen

Dick Hoppe reminds me every 5 years who Red was. He was a sax player from what I understand. Great lead chops...What Ever Happened to him?

That is my home town and my original corps frm years ago.. and the soloist name was Red Swindel... Still one of the greatest soprano players I have every seen

Redd with two d's... is still alive and kicking having retired from the 9 mile point nuclear plant... he is still playing professionally often with my brother in law... (as a kid he played with and hung out with my little brother Chuck) he is one of the finest musicians Oswego ever produced... and his sop solos were even more amazing if you know that he NEVER played trumpet... until drum corps... he still plays sax professionally - picking up gigs around central ny... He's about the only local drum corps soloist I would put on the same pedestal with Joey Pero.

now back to your regularly scheduled program

SEE YOU AT FISHER SATURDAY... GREAT SHOW!!!

I wouldnt put ANY upstate soloist even close to Joey...myself included.

I am sure Redd is a fine musician, but I do remember him, and putting him close to young Pero is simply not true.

Joey is one in a million.

Donny

on break from tour

see ya Saturday!

Edited by donnymusic

Looking forward to seeing Cabs again and WS, Brigs and ES for the first time!