Why Don't We Bring Back...

as someone who marched both with the full retreat and without it, i will say that without the full retreat was sooo much better for us members.

You make very good points, and I agree with them. That's why I wish there were just a handful of retreats each year. Maybe DCI can better coordinate their shows in the future so that every Saturday show could have a retreat (if desired) followed by a day without a performance. Even if they don't do a retreat every Saturday, it provides the opportunity for them to occur every other week or so - at least at major regionals or other well-known shows (i.e. Kalamazoo tomorrow).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drum solos.

And music that people ... average people who would be the fans who pay to come to drum corps shows...not all of US (I'm included here) DCP snobs ... would enjoy hearing. Not some complex piece that no one knows that is the product of someones intense music writing skills and is intended solely to try and impress other drum corps peers.

My brother is an average fan who enjoys drum and bugle corps, initially because i was in one and he enjoyed the shows. Now he goes to shows and says "I didn't recognize a single piece of music."

He paid full ticket price, just like all the music majors did. :thumbup:

I guess Crown wasn't at that particular show that your brother attended. They are one of the few who seem to factor in the audience as they program their show. Maybe DCI would get more people back in the stands if they tried to encourage corps to be a bit more accessible in their programming. Crown has demonstrated (as have a few others) that it truly is possible to be artistic and entertaining simultaneously. :smile:

My brother is an average fan who enjoys drum and bugle corps, initially because i was in one and he enjoyed the shows. Now he goes to shows and says "I didn't recognize a single piece of music."

So?

When I buy that new Bjork album, I'm not looking for all the same tracks from the past one, I'm expecting new stuff...

Maybe people in this country need to open their minds a bit, has anyone ever thought of that?

So?

When I buy that new Bjork album, I'm not looking for all the same tracks from the past one, I'm expecting new stuff...

Maybe people in this country need to open their minds a bit, has anyone ever thought of that?

wow... nice tone in that response. :smile: Yeah...Bjork sucks. :thumbup:

So what you're basically saying here is that YOUR opinion is the only one that should matter in this thread? I could just as easily say the very same thing I highlighted in your post right back at ya... Have you ever thought of that?

Well honestly being in one of those corps that always went off 1st, 2nd or 3rd most nights, some of the best rest and down time was while waiting on retreat. We got into 1/2 unis, got something to eat, hung out, some slept, what ever for an hour or two then buttoned back up and headed out. We got to see all the top shows, BS, some of the best memories were made in that time.

:smile:

Edit: sorry meant to quote Dale Bari since he mentioned the little corps. But it still works with the one I clicked.

Hey no Fair you stole My Response! LOL :thumbup:

wow... nice tone in that response. :smile: Yeah...Bjork sucks. :thumbup:

So what you're basically saying here is that YOUR opinion is the only one that should matter in this thread? I could just as easily say the very same thing I highlighted in your post right back at ya... Have you ever thought of that?

I'm sorry you feel that way

So?

Yes - you listen to your Bjork album and leave drum corps to actual fans. Keep "spanking" regularly!!

You make very good points, and I agree with them. That's why I wish there were just a handful of retreats each year. Maybe DCI can better coordinate their shows in the future so that every Saturday show could have a retreat (if desired) followed by a day without a performance. Even if they don't do a retreat every Saturday, it provides the opportunity for them to occur every other week or so - at least at major regionals or other well-known shows (i.e. Kalamazoo tomorrow).

Yeah, I can be reasonable. I would be very happy with full retreat at all majors. That would be a very nice touch. :thumbup:

Nice being burned by a middle-aged fat guy with no hair. Or something like that before he edited his response...

Good - get used to it. I do have all my hair though :thumbup:

Edited by BigSnareline