What should Academy do?

What does The Academy need to do to improve their show? Their scores have been going up and down between 68 and 70. As a sort of drum corp novice, I wonder what others think of the show and how it could be improved.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean. Then clean again. Then clean some more.

I liked the show but it's a tough horn book.

Get a new music arranger. Their brass book has so much demand, probably the most out there!!! But for now they need to just clean, water down parts, and more impact/power. Great talent so they should be able to handle changes.

First get the guard their uniforms and finish the work for the closer. I don't even know if those are their actual show flags. Tonight with the full panel it clearly shows they probably need to bring out the hose.

Good point...I wish they had them for the show tonight!

Get a new music arranger. Their brass book has so much demand, probably the most out there!!! But for now they need to just clean, water down parts, and more impact/power. Great talent so they should be able to handle changes.

Are you serious? I don't think they come close to the demand of the top corps. I do agree about getting an new arranger but not because of demand.

My main concern is the lack of detail considering the amount of extra time they have had to practice.

I live in the phoenix area and want the best for them...but being in Div I seems to be a bit to much to chew.

I will do a full review tomorrow, but for now...

Though very talented and obviously hardworking, the members are being out done by the show at this point. Though some opinions of a very hard horn book may be somewhat true, the overall show construction is what is hurting the most.

Major rewrites could make a difference, but we will be in BLoomington before we know it and those corps that have little to change

and are relatively clean at this point will be at a BIG advantage. They will be working on perfection, musical maturity, performance, and showmanship while others are putting in their new _________.

There seems to be a fundamental lack of understanding about some fundamental show construction elements:

Pacing (this is a big one)

Variety of effect

Coordination of all visual elements

Combining the tried and true with the new and innovative (keeping in mind that the innovative has to work or come darn close).