Columbia Cafeteria

I remember that day well, but probably not as well as you and the rest of the Crossmen, since y'all were there at the scene of the wreck.

You know, either Spirit or Crossmen MUST make finals this year, because if not, it would be the first time since 1976 that neither corps performed on Saturday night.

Of course, BOTH corps making it would be even sweeter!

Edited by oldsoprano

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that day well, but probably not as well as you and the rest of the Crossmen, since y'all were there at the scene of the wreck.

You know, either Spirit or Crossmen MUST make finals this year, because if not, it would be the first time since 1976 that neither corps performed on Saturday night.

Of course, BOTH corps making it would be even sweeter!

I cried a little when I heard that JSU dropped Spirit. I wish you guys all the best. It's not easy being independent; Crossmen are learning that again for the first time in 12 years.

Wouldn't it be cool if they could tie for 12th... or 11th for that matter....?

Do a Youtube search for these two videos:

2004 Allentown Mass Brass - Georgia

-and-

Mass Brass Allentown 2004 - Russian Christmas Music

And hear both corps as they play together as one!!! LOVE THESE CORPS!!!

Edited by xbones7480

I know the three corps that did perform were judged. Question is, will DCI post those scores?

Usually they don't. Sometimes the individual corps get their sheets and they can add up their numbers. Sometimes the corps don't get their sheets but the judges will tell the units what number they got.

I live on the south side of Atlanta and heard that all the weather for tomorrow was supposed to be on our side for a change instead of the north side. Lets hope that remains to be truth! I'll be with my corps all day and will be at the show tomorrow night. We go on first so I hope there is a good audience in the seats EARLY. Would be nice to hear some cheers for ALLIANCE Drum and Bugle Corps from Alpharetta, GA. (We are a DCA CORPS)

Usually they don't. Sometimes the individual corps get their sheets and they can add up their numbers. Sometimes the corps don't get their sheets but the judges will tell the units what number they got.

It used to be that if half or more of the corps got their performance out of the way then DCI would accept the scores and post them. Since only 3 corps got to perform tonight I doubt the numbers will ever be known beyond the judges and those who ran the show tonight.

I cried a little when I heard that JSU dropped Spirit. I wish you guys all the best. It's not easy being independent

What? When did JSU drop Spirit? And why? Where can I read about this?

Shane

I cried a little when I heard that JSU dropped Spirit. I wish you guys all the best. It's not easy being independent;

What? When did JSU drop Spirit? And why? Where can I read about this?

Shane

I was wondering the same thing. The only reference to it i can find anywhere online is in Sprit's wikipedia entry, and noticing the JSU dropped from everything on spirit's site, but no news, not on spirit's site, dci.org, or even a thread on DCP about it.

I love rain shows. I like it when lightning happens while you are on the field, and you keep playing....lol

The rain hit just before the solo in the Colts ballad and after the initial 'oh crap, more rain' reaction, the corps raised it's intensity and brought it home through thunder and lightning. It was an intense drum corps experience and the Colts are to be commended for keeping their focus and keeping us in our seats.