Juniors in the Grand Prix lineup

I seem to remember the "89" Grand Prix was a combined junior\senior contest that was co-run by the Caballeros and Cadets.

"I seem to remember the "89" Grand Prix was a combined junior\senior contest that was co-run by the Caballeros and Cadets."

Actually, Frank, now that you mention it, there might have been a few in the '80's like that. Those were the 'Giants Stadium years.'

I do recall that "An Evening With The Corps" sponsered by the Skyliners field corps had a great blend of junior, senior, and alumni corps all in one package... Of corse seeing as how it is a dca sanctioned show only senior corps were judged. But it was still good to see the wide variety of styles of drum corps... I miss it already...

I seem to remember the "89" Grand Prix was a combined junior\senior contest that was co-run by the Caballeros and Cadets.

It may have been 86 Frank! We didn't have a combined show in 89. 86 was the last year I can recall the Cabs and Cadets co running the GP

A little Grand Prix trivia:

According to the CorpsReps.com scores archive, both the 1965 and 1966 Grand Prix contests were combined junior/senior shows. The Rochester Crusaders won both senior shows, while the Bridgeport PAL won the first Grand Prix, and St. Lucy's Cadets won the 1966 contest.

If memory serves me correctly, Blessed Sacrament won the juniors-only contest in 1969, the last Junior Grand Prix Champion, and the first in Clifton. Prior to that, the show was in Paterson's Hinchliffe Stadium, 1965 through 1968.

Gee...two of my favorite shows ever were mentioned there...St Lucy's '66 and BS '69. :tongue: