What Type of Bus? Coach or school bus?

so we all traveled the US on a Bus. And still get that tingle when you smell the fumes. But i guess the next question is " What was the name of your Bus? "

My first year in the Bridgemen I was lucky enough to get a seat on the "Radical" Bus (hornline & CG mix), the drumline was on the "Animal" (drumline & CG mix) Bus, and the other rookies were on the "Maggot" Bus

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ram1, Ram2, Ram3.

We were soooooooooooooooo original.

Father, Son, Holy… oh never mind.

It was really That Bus, That bus and That bus.

Puppet

Edited by Puppet

Troopers:

Red Bus (traditionally percussion and some CG)

Yellow Bus (traditionally mostly horns and some CG)

Blue Bus (where everyone else went who didn't want to be as rowdy as Red and Yellow usually were)

I was a Blue Bus kind of kid.

Father, Son, Holy… oh never mind.

It was really That Bus, That bus and That bus.

Puppet

Now thats funny!!!!! Saw the alumni corps at Bayonne...great to see youse again (dont know if you are involved...)

Havent heard West Point in a LONG time.....!!

Bring back 3 Blind Mice :smile:

BD's first national tour was in 1973. For this tour, Jerry had purchased 3 busses: 2 GMC 4103's and 1 GMC 4104.

One of the 4103's was named "Funliner", as it was from the company "Funliner Charter Tours" (from Reno, I think), and since we didn't have money to paint the busses, it kept the name "Funliner".

The other 4103 was named "Hound", as it was an old Greyhound bus.

The 4104 was named "O-Four", because it had no markings and we weren't very creative! :smile:

In 1974 BD purchased a 4th 4103. It was named "Salty", because Jerry bought it from "Salt Lake City Charter Tours".

When BD purchased the SceniCruisers, the names Funliner, Hound, and O-4 stuck. With the 3 larger busses, we never needed a 4th bus again, so "Salty" name went into the BD historical trivia file!

I don't remember hearing that story at all. In 87 the big bus story in our camp was the fact that Sky Ryders had been impounded for almost a week and they were sitting around with nothing to do but practice. Your tale is phenomenal, and I have no idea why it didn't get around.

Oh, I remember hearing VK would be late for the Alentown show 87 I think just before we went on and did our "Slow Motion Show" at probably 40 beats per. We were real tired after our several breakdowns between Colorado and Allentown. Luckily the Judges gave us the benefit of the doubt and we were allowed to perform again at finals.