San Antonio

How is the Blast show compared to some of the DVDs I have seen in the past? ( years ago)

Do you have to get a ticket for general admission at fiesta texas? How does that process work?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the Blast show compared to some of the DVDs I have seen in the past? ( years ago)

Do you have to get a ticket for general admission at fiesta texas? How does that process work?

I saw BLAST in April of this year in Galveston and it was awesome! I think you do have to get a regular ticket for Fiesta Texas as BLAST is one of their musical attractions. I have not seen the show at Fiesta Texas. I have been told by their musical director that the cast is the same as the touring show from this year's tour.

On Sunday if you're going north on I-35 a great place to eat is The Grist Mill in Gruene, Texas. Its only a few miles west of I-35 at exit 191 and has great home-style cooking. And the little old Texas town there is a cool tourist spot sitting right on the river bank.

http://www.gristmillrestaurant.com/

COSIGN... Great restaurant, fabulous little town! (BTW-It's pronounced like the color... Gruene=Green... At least, that's how I hear it...)

Edited by SCVsopAaron

COSIGN... Great restaurant, fabulous little town! (BTW-It's pronounced like the color... Gruene=Green... At least, that's how I hear it...)

Yes...Gruene is pronounced "green". Grist Mill is good but it is very touristy this time of year and can be crowded on Sundays during the summer. (Tons of tubing traffic in Gruene / New Braunfels). Take the FM 306 exit off of 35 north and turn left. Go to the second light (about 2 miles off 35) and turn right. You'll run right into Gruene Hall which is the oldest dance hall in Texas. Grist Mill is just to the right of the hall. Neat little town, some cool little shops (watch the prices!) and there are some other restaurants there. There is no parking right at the Grist Mill, so when you get to the "T" in front of Gruene Hall turn left and the parking lot will be on your left.

Edited by Bleu Raeder

OK... Got both my hotel (Grand Hyatt- Thanks for the info Whiskey. We'll have to meet up) and my tickets (sec. 312, row 20, seats 18 & 19) last night. Look for the Renegades jacket. :thumbup:

Why am I more excited about San Antonio then I was for finals last year (my first live finals sine '85!)? Maybe because my wife is going and she's a DCI "big show" virgin? I don't know.

BUT I'M EXCITED!

Can someone remind me of the San Antonio curse or rule or whatever it is. I can't remember.

It's something like on an even year, whoever wins San Antonio wins finals and on odd years number 1 and 2 flip flop for dci finals.

I know last year the rule didn't hold up but the previous years it did......halp?