CROWN BEAT CADETS!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Defensive much?

It says a lot when the mere mention of the Cadets' name triggers the expectation of derision.

Excellent branding, Hoppy!

Congratulations to Crown's organization, members, staff, including of course volunteers. What a sweet feeling. This is not meant to be a George bash - but at a DCI symposium in Boston in (about) Winter '96 I had a fairly heated debate with George over his then popular plan to take the top 6 corps on a seperate Super-Corps tour with different rules, etc. from the rest. My point was that the plan would pretty much eliminate the dream that non top 6 corps nurture that they'll raise themselves to that level. His response was that I was dreaming if I thought that anyone was ever going to crack the top six from underneath again, anyway.

Maybe I was George, but it seems like there's a whole bunch of corps dreaming the same dream.

Never forget - sic transit gloria mundi.

Edited by rayfallon

Congratulations to Crown's organization, members, staff, including of course volunteers. What a sweet feeling. This is not meant to be a George bash - but at a DCI symposium in Boston in (about) Winter '96 I had a fairly heated debate with George over his then popular plan to take the top 6 corps on a seperate Super-Corps tour with different rules, etc. from the rest. My point is that the plan would pretty much eliminate the dream that non top 6 corps nurture that they'll raise themselves to that level. His response was that I was dreaming if I thought that anyone was ever going to crack the top six from underneath again, anyway.

Maybe I was George, but it seems like there's a whole bunch of corps dreaming the same dream.

Never forget - sic transit gloria mundi.

That story . . .if true . . .really makes the hubris evident.

Wow.

A nod of respect to the judges that had the stones to call the show as they saw and heard it in Orlando. I was there! Nothing against the Cadets , or any other corps. Crown was the show in Orlando................

That story . . .if true . . .really makes the hubris evident.

Wow.

Yikes. "If it's true?" It was a DCI symposium. I guess there were about 100 people in the room. Plus if I'm ever going to lie to you, I hope it'll be for something worth the effort. BTW, again not bashing George, but had you doubted a level of hubris on that count?

Wow. Defensive much?

It says a lot when the mere mention of the Cadets' name triggers the expectation of derision.

Excellent branding, Hoppy!

Not as tacky as using breast cancer to score GE points.

Way to call him out and then prove him right. You really showed him.

Hey Parkbench,

Please realize that there is always going to be someone who embarrasses the rest of us with their poorly-chosen wording. I don't know WHO the person was that called the Cavaliers' show "bando", but I assure you, if he is making references back to the late 80's and a meeting at a Holiday Inn, he is truly REACHING to hitch his star to an organization that currently has a lot of pride and hardworking people attached to it.

BTW, I love the Cavaliers' show, and can't wait to see them up close and personal at NightBEAT, and then in Bloomington!

27 & Casaba,

I understand and no apology necessary. We have ours too :) as does every organization. I have nothing but respect for what every corps does including the volunteers, staff and passionate fans. In this anniversary year and all its events for us, I guess I'm more exposed and sensitive to this somewhat silly thing we do. So many (very young) folks and surprising a few of their parents simply don't seem to have any sense of the history or too much emphasis on only the "winning" part. Being a 'band booster dad' I had to remind many of our group attending shows cheering corps their kids or friends march that there is etiquette and that DC, while not Orchestra Hall, is also not a Nascar or pro wrestling match either.

To a great season for all!

Yikes. "If it's true?" It was a DCI symposium. I guess there were about 100 people in the room. Plus if I'm ever going to lie to you, I hope it'll be for something worth the effort. BTW, again not bashing George, but had you doubted a level of hubris on that count?

I apologize . . .I guess I should have phrased that better.

I guess I was taken aback by the brazenness of such a statement about the activity so much that I had to doubt it a little.

Again, sorry. No harm, no foul. :wub:

IF that's true, then I am really shocked at that statement. But that's IF it's true.

And back to Crown,

Congratulations again!!!