CROWN BEAT CADETS!

Dear Carolina Crown,

Congratulations on your first ever victory over The Cadets. Please understand that, now, The Cadets will be even more motivated. The Cadets know how to close a season, peaking at the end.

How do I know? We beat them twice at the end of first tour in 1985. They beat us by more than 3 points.

i was going to write something like this, but you said it better.

well done, carolina crown. excellent job.

now get ready for a ride.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is always a big deal when you beat a corps that you have been looking up at for years. I remember the first time we beat Boston Sac and Garfield back in the early 70's to us it was a big deal did we beat them more that year? Garfield and Boston no Sac yes but it still was a big step for our corps. I have a friend that marched with Garfield later on he went on to teach them in the early 80's he told me that the first time the Cadets beat Santa Clara he broke down and cried looking up at them all those years for him over 10 it was his best moment in drum corps. So congrats to Crown keep up the good work.

I was part of that Cadet corps that beat SCV for the first time. i will always remember that day. August 11th 1982 Huntington West Virginia. The win made us (The Cadets) work harder. I know crown will. I know The Cadets will too.

I was at Clifton, and personally I thought that Crown should've taken Cadets that night.

I was very happy when I heard that Crown beat Cadets, and I hope that this success keeps moving along with them throughout tour.

Go Crown!

With all due respect, Crown folks need to realize you all represent your org and arogance, pompousness and chide remarks ("easy bando show"?) are not great sportsmanlike impressions being laid down by many. I've increasingly experienced such at several shows I've been at this season; particularly Orlando (and many last year as well). You have a very nice drum corps. Outscoring a great corps as Cadets or whomever ONCE is a milestone accomplishment but y'all might backoff on the Crown Kool Aid in public abit until you consistently demonstrate success. IMHO, I'm getting deja of Star-like animosity out there. Just say'in.

/flames on

Hey Parkbench,

Please realize that there is always going to be someone who embarrasses the rest of us with their poorly-chosen wording. I don't know WHO the person was that called the Cavaliers' show "bando", but I assure you, if he is making references back to the late 80's and a meeting at a Holiday Inn, he is truly REACHING to hitch his star to an organization that currently has a lot of pride and hardworking people attached to it.

BTW, I love the Cavaliers' show, and can't wait to see them up close and personal at NightBEAT, and then in Bloomington!

Hey Parkbench,

Please realize that there is always going to be someone who embarrasses the rest of us with their poorly-chosen wording. I don't know WHO the person was that called the Cavaliers' show "bando", but I assure you, if he is making references back to the late 80's and a meeting at a Holiday Inn, he is truly REACHING to hitch his star to an organization that currently has a lot of pride and hardworking people attached to it.

BTW, I love the Cavaliers' show, and can't wait to see them up close and personal at NightBEAT, and then in Bloomington!

Agreed! I still love "Machine" even though my Son marches in a different Corps

Congrats to Crown...looks like this will be the first year since 01' that i wont attend a show but I will say that they have improved year by year and Im glad to see it starting to pay off.

It's great to see that the vast majority of this thread has stayed true to it's original intent. Congratulations to Carolina Crown! Having marched in a lower tier Div 1 (now World Class label) corps in 1990 (Black Gold), I have a special appreciation for what this accomplishment means to Crown & it's supporters. My own corps isn't around anymore - but Crown emerged at that time & is now accomplishing the dream for the organization, piece by piece. I've absolultely loved Crown all the way back to 2003 (and I still have huge love from Crown's Jekyl & Hyde show in 1999). The modern Crown (in cream) has been fantastic. Way to go, Carolina Crown!

Harvey

WAITY WAIT WAIT...

Crown beat Cadets? I hadn't heard...

:thumbup: I keed I keed...

There's a drum corps in the Carolinas? Get out of here!! Wait... I bet they play on jugs and washtub basses!

Sorry. Garrett started it. :thumbup:

Congrats, Crown. You now have a target on your back so keep pushing to improve. It's going to be a battle from here on out and it's going to be fun to watch.

Having been there and done that (1978 we beat Buccaneers for first time ever), I'll just say ya never forget it....

Doesn't matter if it doesn't happen in Finals or doesn't happen the rest of the year, ya never forget it..

PS - Was this the first time Crown beat a former DCI Champ (dat's a good feeling too). :thumbup:

Congrats Crown, now the hard part REALLY kicks in to keep it up............