Collisions

Now THAT'S a perspective I never heard before....I think we were on the back hill when it happened and didn't get a good view...at least I was.

A long time ago I hear an audio from someone who had sneaked a recorder into the stands...you start hearing those three setup chords before the chromatic run....the first part of the run, then cries of disbelief...I don't think I heard the end of the show...

Wish I had a copy.

Hey '84

I like you man, right to the source; Mr. Fowler.

I hadn't heard that perspective either. I have searched and searched for a copy of that show for a while now to no avail.

It was an unusual audience response that night to a great drill move that usually had them on their feet and throwing babies (as Cesario would say).

Great show otherwise and well deserving of that perfect GE result

IMNSHO!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post, but an avid fan since 1990. Just found out about DCP boards last year (now that should show my age...).

1997 Cadets, rehersal before Crown's Night Beat show (one of the few that hasn't been rained out). Last run-through of the day, a big swirl is turning into a Z-pull during the final 30 seconds of the show when someone in the back line went down. About eight people backed over him before the staff finally stopped it and unpiled the mess.

I saw the show four more times, and I cringed every time. No casualties during an actual performance that I know of. But I did find it interesting that the directors called a corps huddle to discuss the "drop and roll" policy...oooh.

Worst by far I've seen was a Finals performance of the Crossmen in 04 I believe when a guard girl dropped her rifle at absolutely the wrong part of the show. A horn block was coming her way, and she was trampled, other's tripped, etc. They still came out 11th though, i think. I wasn't there, I just watched over and over on the DVD. He he.

:ph34r: