I first said it in 2000 on RAMD,

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who marched the past 10 years and he told me the plan was to be a bag in 2002 and then redesign the staff and win in 2010.

I heard it was to be a bag in 2002 and that they told Klesch to write all easy horn books for Crown, because everyone knows they only play easy music.

I heard it was to be a bag in 2002 and that they told Klesch to write all easy horn books for Crown, because everyone knows they only play easy music.

I Love the sarcasm! :shutup:

I think they'll have to address their visual deficiencies before that happens. PR got a "bye" in 2008 and I think people (judges) saw that when the dvd's came out. They weren't going to make that mistake again. Sure, it's possible, but until their visual book meets their musical book, I think it's highly improbable

Ha! A "bye"? I own the dvds and I can see no "bye" given to this group. Phantom rose to the occasion. I am so sick of bitter Devils fans bagging on Crown because their team lost by the closest margin ever. They just can't believe that Phantom could improve their visual just enough to squeek out a win. RAWR! :shutup:

I personally think that Crown has a very good chance of winning it all next year. Of course, they could just as easily fall to 9th place, it all depends on how they prepare and such. Time will tell...

Gonna jump on the bandwagon late for this one. I have always been the last person to try to figure out or guess who the next champion might possibly be.

But this corps and mainly its hornline have really pushed me over the edge. Count me as impressed and now drinking the Kool-Aid. I won't go so far as to predict a year. But barring some sort of organizational upheaval, I expect this corps to be claiming a championship soon.

You DO realize that every hit in their 2008 show is in the key of B-flat, right? EDIT:{...and end is in Eb...}

And you DO realize that Bluecoats have hits in f minor (opening sequence), g minor (shout), Eb 7 (end of opener), e-minor (park n blow in round 3), a minor/d minor (2/3 of closer), with a final chord of the show in C Major (gotta be a drum corps first). ROund 4 is basic Bb as is end of round three. THat's IT.

I haven't heard anyone other than Bloo, Crown and Cadets. (I can't discern anything with Cadets, but that's for another day.)

I'm not saying Bloo's achieving anything, but before you "crown" a new champion, understand that Carolina Crown is going to have to start doing more-difficult things.

Crown has all of the inertia right now. I was at the Orlando show. It was my dad's first drum corps experience. He had Crown first, Bloo 2nd and Cadets 3rd...he knows NOTHING about music/drum corps! I had Crown first, Cadets 2nd and Bloo 3rd, but I quipped to my dad "But that's only if the judges think Crown has enough inertia this year!" They did THAT night.

IF the judges care to discern levels of musical ensemble difficulty (not usually, fwiw), Crown won't last.

Recall that your predication, combined with Competitive Inertia, means that Crow will have to come in 3rd or 2nd either this year or next. It WILL NOT be this year. (should not, anyway, no matter how much they "achieve," since the music is so simple)

Now, as a FAN(atic) of drum corps I HOPE YOU"RE RIGHT!!!!! Man, we need new blood in the Top 3 BIG TIME.

But Crown has kept things simple (and clean and entertaining)...very good baby steps. They're gunna have to bring a whole new music book to be considered elite, however.

....hmmmm.

G

You DO realize that every hit in their 2008 show is in the key of B-flat, right? EDIT:{...and end is in Eb...}

And you DO realize that Bluecoats have hits in f minor (opening sequence), g minor (shout), Eb 7 (end of opener), e-minor (park n blow in round 3), a minor/d minor (2/3 of closer), with a final chord of the show in C Major (gotta be a drum corps first). ROund 4 is basic Bb as is end of round three. THat's IT.

I haven't heard anyone other than Bloo, Crown and Cadets. (I can't discern anything with Cadets, but that's for another day.)

I'm not saying Bloo's achieving anything, but before you "crown" a new champion, understand that Carolina Crown is going to have to start doing more-difficult things.

Crown has all of the inertia right now. I was at the Orlando show. It was my dad's first drum corps experience. He had Crown first, Bloo 2nd and Cadets 3rd...he knows NOTHING about music/drum corps! I had Crown first, Cadets 2nd and Bloo 3rd, but I quipped to my dad "But that's only if the judges think Crown has enough inertia this year!" They did THAT night.

IF the judges care to discern levels of musical ensemble difficulty (not usually, fwiw), Crown won't last.

Recall that your predication, combined with Competitive Inertia, means that Crow will have to come in 3rd or 2nd either this year or next. It WILL NOT be this year. (should not, anyway, no matter how much they "achieve," since the music is so simple)

Now, as a FAN(atic) of drum corps I HOPE YOU"RE RIGHT!!!!! Man, we need new blood in the Top 3 BIG TIME.

But Crown has kept things simple (and clean and entertaining)...very good baby steps. They're gunna have to bring a whole new music book to be considered elite, however.

I think they did (perform a much more challenging show) this year. I also think that the Blue Devils proved that you don't need to have a difficult show to win, you just need to execute it well.

personally i'll be honest and say that i've found them to be one of the least classy corps in dci, ....................

It's painful to say but I've spoken to several members of another corps who said that Crown staff was very rude last year and some of the BD members did not exhibit very sportsmanlike behavior this year. The behavior of Crown staff really bugs me since I have liked Crown from the beginning and always hope they do well. It's very evident that they work very hard and deserve all the adulation they receive. There is absolutely no reason for them to act this way.

It's painful to say but I've spoken to several members of another corps who said that Crown staff was very rude last year and some of the BD members did not exhibit very sportsmanlike behavior this year. The behavior of Crown staff really bugs me since I have liked Crown from the beginning and always hope they do well. It's very evident that they work very hard and deserve all the adulation they receive. There is absolutely no reason for them to act this way.

I have no doubt that at any given moment, a person or multiple people will do or say something that casts a negative impression on their organization, and that sucks. I hope it is not the norm.

However, I can say as a FMM, that I have witnessed some of the worst behavior from some of the best corps and their people. On the flipside, some of the nicest and most wonderful people I have ever met come from those same corps.

Sometimes, people are just ########s and they represent themselves. Nothing you can do about that.