Crown will not win it All!

Posted this in the Houston thread last night...

So, is it safe to say that the Crown wins over The Cadets were similar to last summer's Bluecoats win(s) over BD and The Cavaliers? The spreads might be different, but I think the situations are similar.

I still think Crown will be in the top 5.

Yeah, similar, but i dont see crown falling to 7th. At worst they will get 6th, which is still a tie with last year. Im guessing they will improve on last years placement though

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude...its drum corps. The only things to be worried about are corps folding / getting thousands of dollars stolen. Since we took care of that one, I'd say its a pretty smooth sailing day for me :tongue:

MK... well that keep dreaming comment had some quivers in it. ;)

MK... well that keep dreaming comment had some quivers in it. ;)

Lol...check out the thread Gmichael started about crown being the next corps to win DCI. I agreed with him, and said that I hoped they would. Dont confuse the fact that i dont THINK they'll do it this year, with me not wanting them to do it in the future. They'll inevitably have to beat some corps to do it, and if it happens, good for them. Nothing to quiver about here :tongue:

There are 5 corps right now all scoring within about a point of each other at the top. Crown is one of them. OF COURSE they have a chance.

+++

For the record (and I know some of you check) I love Crown's drum line. The playing fits the music perfectly, no mindless WHACKING like most of the "modern" drum line do.

I love the whole show, AND I CAN WHISTLE ALL THE TUNES! :tongue:

Reality check everyone. This is what you're actually trying to believe (some of you); that Crown is going to beat BD, Cavaliers, PR and Cadets in Bloomington? 5th is as good as it gets for Crown this year. The elite three are not giving up their slots quite yet. Crown, as good as they are, will have to pay more dues to enter.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Reality check everyone. This is what you're actually trying to believe (some of you); that Crown is going to beat BD, Cavaliers, PR and Cadets in Bloomington? 5th is as good as it gets for Crown this year. The elite three are not giving up their slots quite yet. Crown, as good as they are, will have to pay more dues to enter.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Boom.

edit....*waiting for crown fans to see this* bonus points for using the words 'elite' (not in reference to crown), Slots (everyones favorite), and the phrase 'paying dues'. You just swatted a bees nest :tongue:

Edited by salad315

Boom.

edit....*waiting for crown fans to see this* bonus points for using the words 'elite' (not in reference to crown), Slots (everyones favorite), and the phrase 'paying dues'. You just swatted a bees nest :tongue:

:tongue: Nice try -- my comment was no slight to Crown or its fans. Its simply the way the chips may fall. I certainly will one of the many standing giving applause if Crown is in the top three this year.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Wow. FanOfTheArts has assured us no higher than 5th place this year.

I wish I had the inside track to judging/slotting/assurances in Bloomington.

Give us a break. Anything can happen....ask the '88 Scouts. And NO, by saying that I have no illusions of Crown winning DCI this season. I'm just proud to be associated with a corps that is giving so much to so many.

Edited by 27/soa

Wow. FanOfTheArts has assured us no higher than 5th place this year.

I wish I had the inside track to judging/slotting/assurances in Bloomington.

Give us a break. Anything can happen....ask the '88 Scouts.

Sorry, no crystal ball here :tongue: Take a deep breath and just say to yourself, "yes it is is possible that we (Crown) could finish 5th.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

There are 5 corps right now all scoring within about a point of each other at the top. Crown is one of them. OF COURSE they have a chance.

+++

For the record (and I know some of you check) I love Crown's drum line. The playing fits the music perfectly, no mindless WHACKING like most of the "modern" drum line do.

I love the whole show, AND I CAN WHISTLE ALL THE TUNES! :tongue:

I feel like I'm all by myself but, I really really don't like Crown's drumline. The writing... I just can't stand it.

And in my opinion they Whack more than a lot of other lines... Phantom, Cavaliers, Bluecoats, SCV...

Sorry, no crystal ball here :tongue: Take a deep breath and just say to yourself, "yes it is is possible that we (Crown) could finish 5th.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

What bothers me is that so many people think that all Crown is focusing on is placement, placement, placement. Being "up there" is its own reward. Getting a medal is gravy. I'll be entertained and proud WHATEVER happens by season's end.