Crown will not win it All!

2007 Bluecoats = 2008 Carolina Crown. ( early to mid season success, then peaked )

Not necessarily. History does not repeat itself, but historical situations to re-occur.

Based on what I've seen/heard so far, I see Crown finishing between 3rd and 5th. I don't see them passing up BD or Cavies, while I see Phantom and Santa Clara as the other 3rd place contenders. Once I watch and listen to San Antonio, that may change.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Carolina Crown is in a good position right now. Personally, I think it is always harder to defend your position than to fight for one.

So I think this "late early-season surge" that they had two nights in a row will hopefully give them their momentum to have another surge come finals week.

Edited by Dylan Ford

Not necessarily. History does not repeat itself, but historical situations to re-occur.

Based on what I've seen/heard so far, I see Crown finishing between 3rd and 5th. I don't see them passing up BD or Cavies, while I see Phantom and Santa Clara as the other 3rd place contenders. Once I watch and listen to San Antonio, that may change.

I don't know... I used to see SCV as a top 4 this year, but I don't know anymore... I sure hope they clean things up by finals.

Big difference in Crown and Bluecoats. Crown has a core staff that has been there before and has a history of knowing how to keep the prpduct improving.

Big difference in Crown and Bluecoats. Crown has a core staff that has been there before and has a history of knowing how to keep the prpduct improving.

Yes, that is a huge difference. I wish other corps could catch on to the fact that keeping the same staff year after year would cause them to get better and better... At least, usually it would.

you see Santa Clara as the other third place contender?? there are 5 other corps that are scoring 3.5 points over them with 3 weeks left in the season. not to mention the bluecoats are right there with them

Yes, that is a huge difference. I wish other corps could catch on to the fact that keeping the same staff year after year would cause them to get better and better... At least, usually it would.

Yep..That was a big part of our success when I marched. We had pretty much the same staff for about 4-5 years..Looking at SCV now, they've had around 30 different brass staff members since 04 with four different caption heads..That's just not going to work..I just hope Chreste will be there a while because he's doing a great job..PLEASE GIVE HIM TIME!!

Edited by Feathers Up

Yep..That was a big part of our success when I marched. We had pretty much the same staff for about 4-5 years..Looking at SCV now, they've had around 30 different brass staff members since 04 with four different caption heads..That's just not going to work..I just hope Chreste will be there a while because he's doing a great job..PLEASE GIVE HIM TIME!!

Yes, he needs time. Nick Williams didn't do so well in 2006, but their brass sounded a WHOLE LOT better in 2007, and then he left... I don't know if SCV got rid of him or not.

So by that logic I'm assuming you have Cadets and Bluecoats in the 6th and 7th spots. I'm not seeing Cadets dropping like that this year, and unless SCV makes one hell of a push I would think it looks like SCV and Blue are fighting for 6th with Cadets in the 3-5 mix. Although with Cadets score last night they might be able to push themselves up into the mix for the title. Also don't forget PR is only 1.1 behind BD.

you see Santa Clara as the other third place contender?? there are 5 other corps that are scoring 3.5 points over them with 3 weeks left in the season. not to mention the bluecoats are right there with them

Remember, this is based on what I've seen/heard. I'm not going by scores, I'm going by my read of the show design and performances up until July 12th. I think Cadets' and Bluecoats' show designs are a hindrance and could very well keep both of them lower than 3rd. Of Crown, Phantom, and SCV, I do think that Vanguard is the longest shot at 3rd. This will depend on how well they've rewritten their closer, which, while improved in Denver, still had issues.

Again, my opinions may change based on what I observe from the San Antonio performances.