Crown will not win it All!

What bothers me is that so many people think that all Crown is focusing on is placement, placement, placement. Being "up there" is its own reward. Getting a medal is gravy. I'll be entertained and proud WHATEVER happens by season's end.

A LOT of crown fans are talking about placement. They may or may not represent the org. but thats what we see on dcp. Honestly, I dont blame them for being excited about placement given this seasons results, but hearing people talk out of both sides of their mouths gets old.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bothers me is that so many people think that all Crown is focusing on is placement, placement, placement. Being "up there" is its own reward. Getting a medal is gravy. I'll be entertained and proud WHATEVER happens by season's end.

I don't know about the 'so many people', but I don't believe for one second that Crown is paying attention to any of what we think. At best we all speculate (including me) to what we believe will happen or could happen at season's end. Everyone will get applause from me!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I don't know about the 'so many people', but I don't believe for one second that Crown is paying attention to any of what we think. At best we all speculate (including me) to what we believe will happen or could happen at season's end. Everyone will get applause from me!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Agreed. It's all good! :tongue:

No one seems to entertain the thought that Crown might actually be for real this year. Beating the Cadets two shows in a row is no small achievement, nor is it a probable accident.

No one seems to entertain the thought that Crown might actually be for real this year. Beating the Cadets two shows in a row is no small achievement, nor is it a probable accident.

lots of people are entertaining that thought... the ones that think Crown can finish 3rd or possibly beat BD or Cavies. What if Cadets pull an 06 and finish 5th, Crown could finish 4th, and still be nowhere near 1st.

If I was marching Crown this year (or ever), the reactions from the stands every night would mean much much more to me than green shirts. Are they excited they beat Cadets? Yea, probably, but I bet they love performing their show more.

Uhh, you may want to look at many of the threads. Seems to me A HUGE AMOUNT of people are entertaining that thought, including me.

How many corps were just amazing, and they got screwed because they weren't apart of the elite's 4-5 corps?

I don't know Rob, you tell me. Give me specifics. What's a corps that you can point to that should have finished top 4 or 5, but didn't because the judges didn't want them there?

Some mis-interpreted or read into things that I was whining about the numbers. I wasn't whining about anything. I was just merely pointing out big changes in the numbers from night to night. Look, Cadets expanded their spread over Crown last night, so clearly Cadets have the momentum right now. We all know that this weekends show is a very good litmus test, so let's see what happens there. Cadets have a very high quality show that is a contender. Then, so does Crown.

It honestly isn't about placement for me. In fact, I made a pact with myself not to look at the indivudal captions again this season, nor will I mention them on any post the rest of this season.

This for me is about being proud of a corps that I marched in as a charter member. It is the pride of sharing a young, but rich tradition of excellence. It is about being proud of an organization that I love, as you all love yours. It is about the buzz and excitement from fans that I see when I attend shows.

I was a fan of the established corps long before I ever marched Crown. I still enjoy their shows too. That will never change. I want the activity to thrive, and I wish every corps a great season and safe travel.

Thanks to all of you who sent me those nice PM's that got it, that I was not sour grapes about the placement change.

I love Crown....always have....but i think they are still a year or two away from a championship level performance...They have highly entertaining shows but the difficulty level is not matching what the cavies and BD's are performing. And thats usually why these two corps take the cake. And drums have always been a factor for Crown...even though they are much cleaner than past years...either way I love what Crown is doing and I hope they continue to improve

Ya i believe they will be great later on, but their not ready this year. BUT I STILL LOVE CROWN AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THEM!!!!

2007 Bluecoats = 2008 Carolina Crown. ( early to mid season success, then peaked )

That said, the Carolina Crown are again one of my favorite shows this year, no matter where they wind up finishing at Finals.

Edited by BRASSO