Teal Sound Theft on Tour

From www.tealsound.org.

"Teal Sound has just experienced a theft while on tour in Louisana. Approximately 2 weeks of food and fuel money was stolen from the corps. A police report has been filed and an investigation is underway.

Replacement funds are needed immediately to enable to corps to continue their summer tour. Any donations or other assistance will be greatly appreciated!....."

I know this is a new happening as it just posted today, but I am truly interested in the details. Was the corps carrying cash for two weeks? Is that standard practice? I know a corps I toured with carried travelers checks and a small amount of cash, but I have no idea how much was actually on tour.

Details on how to help via donation are available on their site.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I donated a little $. I may be broke, but they're broke-er. I hope they get enough support to finish the season AND they catch the fools that stole from them.

From www.tealsound.org.

"Teal Sound has just experienced a theft while on tour in Louisana. Approximately 2 weeks of food and fuel money was stolen from the corps. A police report has been filed and an investigation is underway.

Replacement funds are needed immediately to enable to corps to continue their summer tour. Any donations or other assistance will be greatly appreciated!....."

I know this is a new happening as it just posted today, but I am truly interested in the details. Was the corps carrying cash for two weeks? Is that standard practice? I know a corps I toured with carried travelers checks and a small amount of cash, but I have no idea how much was actually on tour.

Details on how to help via donation are available on their site.

Disgusting. I'm sending something right now.

Terrible...seriously, this sucks. I sent something, but I hope they get the money back!

Terrible...seriously, this sucks. I sent something, but I hope they get the money back!

That sucks, I sent a few bucks but do have two stupid questions:

1) Why do you use cash for these purchases?

2) Could it be that much cash to stop the tour???

LEARNING LESSON = DEBIT CARDS!!!!!

If your spending 700 per day on food only x 14 days that means they are on the road with over 9k in cash. That's nuts and or simply not true.

jvn

I would be curious to know what part of LA. The crime rates since Katrina have gone way up around New Orleans, Lafayette, Baton Rouge, etc. Teal stayed in LA last year and a local warned us that a drive-by shooting had taken place right along that road the day before. I hope they can recover it.

That sucks, I sent a few bucks but do have two stupid questions:

1) Why do you use cash for these purchases?

2) Could it be that much cash to stop the tour???

LEARNING LESSON = DEBIT CARDS!!!!!

If your spending 700 per day on food only x 14 days that means they are on the road with over 9k in cash. That's nuts and or simply not true.

jvn

it said fuel money also. For 2 weeks I can't even imagine how much money that is since they basically have a full corps. 3-4 buses, 2 semi's

Ouch!

That's terrible. I really wish them the best in recovering from this. In recent seasons I've noticed the rate of reported thefts going up. Sad thing is that as smart, and secure as you may be corps out on the road are still vulnerable to the locals.

From www.tealsound.org.

I think there may be some mis-reading of this. Sounds to me like 2 weeks of food.....and fuel money. Not so much 2 weeks of fuel money. I think every corps has at least some cash on hand, but not as much as might be misunderstood in this statement. I could be wrong, but hope not...