Cavies Cadence

drumnerd09

so?

still sounds like it....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flintstones theme song is not in triplet form except for the very end after yabba dabba do time, you'll have a great old time. Big band finish, none of the lyrics are in triplet form.

I was not and did nor refer to the " form" of the flinstones. Just that It " reminds me" of it. Have you ever learned a rhythm and used a word or phrase to help remember it? Using the syllables in A rhythmic form.

I think the first time I heard it was in 89 ( when dci came on live) And since my rookie year ( 93)

I also grew up on flinstones ( late 70's early 80's ) so I am also very familiar with that......

I was not and did nor refer to the " form" of the flinstones. Just that It " reminds me" of it. Have you ever learned a rhythm and used a word or phrase to help remember it? Using the syllables in A rhythmic form.

I think the first time I heard it was in 89 ( when dci came on live) And since my rookie year ( 93)

I also grew up on flinstones ( late 70's early 80's ) so I am also very familiar with that......

I just didn't get it as the Cavie Cadence always struck me as a shuflle groove. I grew up as well on the Flinstones and am old enough to remember the premier of the show :tongue:, I could probably sing the song from memory :huh: . My first time hearing the cadence was 1966 live. To me at that time I was as awe struck seeing them in person as any 14 year old might be today seeing (insert your favorite corps here). so I guess I might have taken your comment too literally.

Edited by Fastone

Fred Flinstone say:

cavalier drummer him write right notes on first page post 6

rest of you stop fighting

Wilmaaaaa !!!!!!

On a side note maybe it's just me but a lot of the cadences I hear nowadays sound like "kitchen sink" gibberish. I know there's cool licks going on but is it necessary to have every lick known to man in 4 bars?

Spoken and quoted for truth.

This might be my new signature quote.

*standing ovation*

Fred Flinstone say:

cavalier drummer him write right notes on first page post 6

rest of you stop fighting

Wilmaaaaa !!!!!!

You don't know from fighting. I was just on the color guard section and narrowly escaped with my life :thumbup: and i didn't even post anything :smile: They're vicious over there.

Edited by Fastone

I'm sure they played this cadence way back in the late 50's or early 60's when they carried only two bass drums. Back then Cavies were known as the Green Machine. The reason I'm so sure is because the Toronto Optimists (Canadian Champions 11 years in a row) had pretty much an exact copy of Cavies uniform, they often also called themselves the Green Machine, and they even played Cavies cadence. Also with only two bass drums.