The San Antonio Ice House - Pre and post show discussion.

a lot of narration / which is fine - I'm just sayin!

horn line book a little over their heads - arrangements not the best imo - wrong voicings, etc / or maybe it's staging? Not sure - I will need to see it again in person. You can only tell so much on the web!!

anyway - nice Bluecoats corps, a little younger or less vets than last season I would guess

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat Show concept. Some of the integration and staging is distracting (ala Drum Feature). Not the hornline I was expecting from Coats (especially after them winning brass in Semi's last year). I know they're young but there's so much improvement needed, I see them getting passed up by a BK or BS. :( I love me some BLOOO but that wasn't it :(

Coats drum feature is staged just like Cadets Alice's mad tea party.......

A quick thought on the closer narration- they don't need the "Get up, kid!" at all. The audience is already thinking that on their own at that point in the show (or should be if the corps is selling the show well).

I'd say that was true of all the narration - this is a well-known story and doesn't need the "help". I saw this show early in the season when it was still all instrumental and it was one of my favorites...way too much voice now. I was OK with the "setup" narration in the pre-show; if they had just left it there, it would have been fine. The way it is now, though, is way overdone and distracts from the show. Oy, never thought I'd see this from BLU.

I'd love to see BAC change that ending flag color to anything but red. . .it gets lost in the uni's . . .maybe a black or dark purple or go the other way and do white or yellow.

In person it stands out a lot more. There like a neon orange color in the flag that doesn't come across well on video.

Bluecoats - Once again one of the most entertaining shows on the field this year. I don't know what it's going to take for them to crack the upper-echelons of DCI, but it should happen soon.

Great to see a "Has Been" who doesn't mind all the narration...

I agree very entertaining program from them. One word for them to move up: execute!!

does anyone know the connection between bluecoats and boston this year a bit of irony they followed each other!!!

a lot of narration / which is fine - I'm just sayin!

horn line book a little over their heads - arrangements not the best imo - wrong voicings, etc / or maybe it's staging? Not sure - I will need to see it again in person. You can only tell so much on the web!!

anyway - nice Bluecoats corps, a little younger or less vets than last season I would guess

think bluuuuuuuuues show this year is much better in person than on the web

I'd say that was true of all the narration - this is a well-known story and doesn't need the "help". I saw this show early in the season when it was still all instrumental and it was one of my favorites...way too much voice now. I was OK with the "setup" narration in the pre-show; if they had just left it there, it would have been fine. The way it is now, though, is way overdone and distracts from the show. Oy, never thought I'd see this from BLU.

If only you could've seen Hopkins whispering in Dave's ear at the BOD vote meeting...I swear I saw strings. :thumbup: