I got great seats at DCI finals! Take a look see....

As mentioned on another thread last week, it's probably good fortune that DCI moved finals this year when it did.

Check this out: Lucas stadium flooding unresolved

selected snippets

Broken elevators, soggy carpet, missing ceiling tiles, a data room that can't fully process data and about a quarter of the building running on temporary power.

With Lucas Oil Stadium's grand opening set for one month from today, those were the big items remaining on the checklist of problem

An engineer has redesigned the fittings on those pipes -- one of which failed a second time during rains on Saturday -- and plumbers are double-bracing every joint in the drainage system, Klipsch said.

On all levels of the stadium's southwest corner, many lights are out, forcing workers to resort to temporary power. All the electrical closets in that quadrant were damaged by water, forcing workers to replace wiring and the ducts that deliver power in that section of the stadium.

That work likely won't be done until a week before the scheduled opening date, May said.

Two elevators that service the press box also were damaged.

s that workers are scrambling to fix after portions of a roof drainage system failed July 8 and flooded several areas of the $750 million building.

"Those elevators got drenched. All the equipment, the cabs and everything, so we're having to tear out a lot of the pieces of the elevator and replace them," May said. "That's going to be a chore to get that done before we open, but we think we can do it."

On the lower level of the stadium's northeast corner, workers were installing new equipment and fiber-optic lines in the all-important data room, which houses a series of computers, processors and routers in tall, metal cabinets.

A masonry wall in the small room shifted about 18 inches after three feet of water surged inside.

"This is kind of the heart of the building," May said as he stood in the center of the room where workers were running bright yellow fiber-optic lines. "Incoming service for cable, Wi-Fi, phone and a lot of other technology comes into this room.

I'm not suggesting DCI had any control of the weather. Dan Acheson may wield some power, but not that much, lol. While it was frustrating when the move was announced, I am convinced that it was the best thing that could have happened, as had it not occurred until later (no way Lucas Oil can be used by Aug 7), that would have just made things become more complicated than necessary.

OH, and btw, DCI won't sell these seats unless there is a crowd of more than 20,000 I would guess, but buyer beware. Look at the photo (they've sold seats in this type of area before for finals). I'm not positive if this is from the home or visitor's side though.

Read this:

How about that Lucas stadium view?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that photo photoshopped?

edit: Not Photoshopped!!!!

Edited by jonnyboy

So where are the outcries for the Colts to move THEIR home games to Louisville?

Yeah, that's what I thought.