Show Suggestions (ver. 324.2008)

Let me be the first to suggest it...

Blue Knights

Dark Knight

The Music of Batman!!

HIGHLY recommend the new flick, The Dark Knight...BEST...SEQUEL...EVER!!! Heath Ledger is simply incredible. Great flick. I have NEVER stood and applauded a movie before. NEVER! This one got a standing O...at least from me. And I think there's enough in these two movies to put together with the good stuff from previous offerings to do a good show...a SERIOUS show. Not some VK thing.

Great movie, seriously! VERY Dark, though...maybe not the best for kids.

Maybe I'll add some other suggestions later.

I saw the movie today, and I was thinking the same thing when I left the theater. The score and theme fits BK quite well, don't you think? :)

Oh, and I LOVE the Cavi/Bartok concept. How would anyone top THAT?

Edited by aNiMaL

I've done these so many times over the years that I've lost count, but since I've come across some new pieces, here is my one and only list for 2008.

Without my list handy a little tough.......but some general ideas

More music from movies (Soundtracks)

More music from Musicals

More music from rock groups

More music that can be easily picked up in Best Buy or similar

More diverse sounds......

Way too much sounds the same these days. Sure there are always the exceptions....but overall....sameness. Maybe take the tempos down a bit, allow the music breathe a bit more instead of jamming it all in. (Sounds like a temper tantrums (aka BD infamous isolated attacts)

Hey.....heres something different...try something from these folks

Oh...and don't bother sending BD a suggestion. I sent them a hand written letter suggesting a few show ideas......never heard a peep back.

Edited by Matt_S

Nikk...love the suggestions. I think the Boston's show idea would be better suited for Glassmen...or Academy...but that's just me.

Nikk,

Excellent suggestions. I have a question for you. I am sure that you are familiar with Persichetti's Symphony #6. Do you think that with the proper treatment this could be brought to the field, and if so by whom?

p.s. Congrats on the engagement!

I honestly don't see that one translating well to the field. Maybe the second movement.....maybe. I am not sure I'd want to see that on the field...such a nice piece, and it today's environment, it would get chopped to Hades and back.

I honestly don't see that one translating well to the field. Maybe the second movement.....maybe. I am not sure I'd want to see that on the field...such a nice piece, and it today's environment, it would get chopped to Hades and back.

Good points... I don't know, parts of both the 1st and 4th movements I could see, especially in the 4th. Maybe it's just a couple phrases that get me, but then again, what do I know? :thumbup:

I agree that the 2nd would be great, but probably would not be arranged right to fit today's shows.

Let me be the first to suggest it...

Blue Knights

Dark Knight

The Music of Batman!!

Haha I said the same thing (sort of, only with BD) a few days ago after seeing the Midnight. Me and my friend (we both marched Surf) were like dude this music would make such a kick *** show