Fan Network Live Streaming

At least to me, DCI has done an amazing job with Fan Network this year!! Not only are we getting shows up fairly quick, but now we're getting options for high cam or multi cam!! I wonder if they'll post both videos, because if they post only one I'd like to know so I can watch the other today.

Anybody know?

If you have wireless internet from a router, your router should have come with an extra ethernet cord. Take the cord and run it from your router to your computer. That should fix the problem.

If it didn't come with a cord, you can just plug in the cord that is currently running from the modem to the router into your computer.

Thanks for your response! I don't have a router, just an exterior Clearwire modem. Could one buy a router at Best Buy and run the modem to the router, then to the computer? Does that increase download speed? Thanks again.

Thanks for your response! I don't have a router, just an exterior Clearwire modem. Could one buy a router at Best Buy and run the modem to the router, then to the computer? Does that increase download speed? Thanks again.

No, that doesn't increase the speed. Your ISP would have to do that. The router just simply allows you to run a bunch of computers off of one modem, and in some cases, the router acts as a firewall for an extra layer of antivirus and antispam. Your speed would stay the same. Sorry!

Edited by cmathis

I have wireless and I can stream "The Masters" in close to HD quality with their streaming no problem. But they use flash and the picture quality is 10 times better...

maybe it is just me, but I wasnt able to get to the dci.org website. I did a couple of times and finally found where to purchase the live feed and put in my billing information and clicked on submit and nothing else happened. I coudnt get passed this screen. This happened all day and was terribly frustrating. My wireless is working fine because I can get to any other website quickly with no problems. I tried getting to dci.org site on two different laptops and was unable to get passed the billing screen.

Anyone else have a similar problem? I was thinking it was because the dci.org site was overwhelmed with people trying to purchase the live feed too? thoughts?

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

:tongue:

:felloff:

Thanks for the replies everyone!!!!!

I ended up not having a S-Video plug on my TV, but my grfx card on my computer does....lol

so I ended up pulling up the couch in front of my computer and my sis and I sat and watched the whole thing on the couch, with pizza and pop.

We had a blast, glad I spent the $19.95!!!

The quality was incredible, even with full-screen.

We put on the multi-cam for the Glassmen performance, and the multi-cam was choppy a bit......

so we put it back to high-view.

Our favorite show was Crown and Blue Devils.

I have never really been a big fan of the Devs, but this year their show was awesome!

I can't believe Crown took 3rd!!!!!!

and PR is right behind them....

Cadets fell.

?

We weren't very impressed with Cadets, although they are one of my top 3 fav corps.

Cavs weren't especially impressive either. They only scored high becuase their visuals were clean, and music was clean.

Just a note about the choppiness when hooking up to your TV. I had this problem also and thought

it was the speed of the wireless, but discovered that the real problem was with the video card (chip actually) in my laptop.

It was not able to smoothly handle scaling the picture up to the size of my TV screen (1920x1080).

What I did to fix the problem was change the resolution of the video sent to the TV to 640x480. I think

the source video stream is 640x480. Since the resolution of the screen and the video were the same,

no scaling of the picture was needed and the choppiness went away.

Hope that helps.

No, the choppiness was on DCI's end. I had the same problem with the multi-cam but DCI wouldn't do anything about it. In fact, they insisted that there was not a problem. I had the resolution set to 800x600 for my TV.

If it was a problem on DCI's end, then everyone who saw the broadcast would have had choppiness.

The problem was not at DCI. It might have been your bandwidth, your ISP or your graphics processor's inability to

scale the picture at a smooth framerate (it can happen scaling to 800x600 too).