Wildwood!

Looks like alot of interesting stuff out of Wildwood tonight. Feel free to discuss here things about the show if any of you went.

- Citations are within 2 points of the Surfers, this seems closer than much of Surf's competition has been.

- The recap isn't posted yet, but I've heard that Percussion scores are interesting. Targets are within .2 of Spartans in drums, beating Racine, Stentors, and 7th! wow. They had a big jump overall as well, maybe 8 pts or so?

- Spartans are regaining their spread over 7th after being surprised by them not too long ago. I sense they'll close in and beat Raiders in maybe a week.

Sorry for the focused stuff on MA/New England corps, but thats my homeland, so feel free to discuss.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like alot of interesting stuff out of Wildwood tonight. Feel free to discuss here things about the show if any of you went.

- Citations are within 2 points of the Surfers, this seems closer than much of Surf's competition has been.

- The recap isn't posted yet, but I've heard that Percussion scores are interesting. Targets are within .2 of Spartans in drums, beating Racine, Stentors, and 7th! wow. They had a big jump overall as well, maybe 8 pts or so?

- Spartans are regaining their spread over 7th after being surprised by them not too long ago. I sense they'll close in and beat Raiders in maybe a week.

Sorry for the focused stuff on MA/New England corps, but thats my homeland, so feel free to discuss.

Wow!

I have not as yet seen the citations, but good for them!

There is also some good open class out west from what i hear! It may not be the "Guarantee" that i have heard come bloomington..

good show tonight. Can not wait to see the recap.

lot of guards battled a strong wind

2 points seemed a little tight. Citations have a nice show and are very clean, but not much difficulty. Surf show may not have been as clean, but WOW what a package. they should do very well once they get in the mometum of being on tour again.

good show tonight. Can not wait to see the recap.

lot of guards battled a strong wind

2 points seemed a little tight. Citations have a nice show and are very clean, but not much difficulty. Surf show may not have been as clean, but WOW what a package. they should do very well once they get in the mometum of being on tour again.

Citations guard was very smart last night and they made all their tosses small due to the wind. Better to have a guard that does not do all their "tricks" and not get hit in the head..... right? Maybe you should see themin another show. They are doing fantastic.... GO CITATIONS!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Citations guard was very smart last night and they made all their tosses small due to the wind. Better to have a guard that does not do all their "tricks" and not get hit in the head..... right? Maybe you should see themin another show. They are doing fantastic.... GO CITATIONS!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

While watching this season, i am sooo impressed and proud of the Burlington Citations. Such growth and maturity this year! Show us what your made of Citations!

there has been really good competition in the east this year!!...Things should get very interesting when everyone gets together.

The Citations have gone from not making finals last year..to becoming a top 5 contender!! The kids and staff must be doing something right...

Good luck to Surf, they deserve to win...just wish there show was a little more interesting...

Spartans are doing a lot better than most people expected...just remember they are still kids out there!!

To all the other corps at the show, great performance!

there has been really good competition in the east this year!!...Things should get very interesting when everyone gets together.

The Citations have gone from not making finals last year..to becoming a top 5 contender!! The kids and staff must be doing something right...

Good luck to Surf, they deserve to win...just wish there show was a little more interesting...

Spartans are doing a lot better than most people expected...just remember they are still kids out there!!

To all the other corps at the show, great performance!

So I was at both shows this weekend. I don't know much about scoring but today I was surprised to see Spartan close the gap on Raiders and jump three points from last night. I also didnt't see the spread over 7th Regiment. I heard people in the crowd buzzing that Raiders would be first, 7th Regiment 2nd and Spartans 3rd.

So I was at both shows this weekend. I don't know much about scoring but today I was surprised to see Spartan close the gap on Raiders and jump three points from last night. I also didnt't see the spread over 7th Regiment. I heard people in the crowd buzzing that Raiders would be first, 7th Regiment 2nd and Spartans 3rd.

Raiders actually opened the gap on both 7th and Spartans. In Clifton NJ, (their last head to head competition on July 5) Raiders beat Spartans by only .8. In Wildwood they beat Spartans by 2.6. On Sunday in West Milford by 2.8

What I took out of this weekend was :

I got to really watch Surf for the first time this season. Is it me or does their hornline actully sound a little (muffled?). I was expecting to hear a big sound. (maybe my hearing is starting to go). :blow: But after talking to a few people, I found out that I am not the only one who felt that way. I sat on the 50 for their encore. I thought they would really produce in front of their home crowd. Don't get me wrong. They did. But for such a big hornline . . . 12 contras (I'm sorry, Tubas) I had to strain to hear them. They ALWAYS played out in the past. That is why I expected such a big sound this year. I was a little disappointed.

Raiders finally have thier finished show and have yet to start cleaning. Movein this week should help all that.

Raiders jumped 13 points :thumbup::smile::smile: since their last head to head meetings with Surf, Citations, et all.

Their gaps with Citation and Surf have closed significantly. Citations started the season 10 pts better and Surf started the season 17 points better. In Willdwood, this weekend, Citation is 5.6 better and Surf is 8.2 better. Raider score jumped another 2 points on Sunday (but Citations and Surf decided not to come to The Radiers show).

I think their show is just as entertaining and just as solid as Surf and Citation. Just not as clean. . . . (yet).

Once Raiders clean the show, I think they can be a real dark horse in Bloomington.

Spartans are doing an excellent job with what they have. (The news of their demise are definitely not true).

I think 7th Regiment (who came out the gate strong this year) are just not improving as much as they should be at this point of the season.

Racine Scouts (nice to see them come out to the east), did a respectful job. They are a much improved corps over the last couple of seasons.

Les Stentor is out and put on a nice show.

Target is improving.

Spirit of Newark had some nice spots. This was only their second show and should improve as the show gets cleaner.

Just my thoughts on what started ot as a scorching hot day and ended up windy and chilly by shows end.

BTW - Nice touch with the fireworks at the end of the Wildwood show.

Good luck to everyone.

I got to really watch Surf for the first time this season. Is it me or does their hornline actully sound a little (muffled?). I was expecting to hear a big sound. (maybe my hearing is starting to go). :thumbup: But after talking to a few people, I found out that I am not the only one who felt that way. I sat on the 50 for their encore. I thought they would really produce in front of their home crowd. Don't get me wrong. They did. But for such a big hornline . . . 12 contras (I'm sorry, Tubas) I had to strain to hear them. They ALWAYS played out in the past. That is why I expected such a big sound this year. I was a little disappointed.

I agree with that assessment as well. At points I can't hear the horns over the pit. I don't think it's the players however. I think the problem is Jupiter. There have been so many little problems with those horns. I wonder what Teal and Academy think of them.