Scores after 7/21

I'd go ahead and say that Troopers and PC have a much better designed show, but the actual captions Academy seems to have more talent.

It's not that they necessarily have more talent, but they have content that showcases it more. Unfortunately, the show just doesn't gel.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that they necessarily have more talent, but they have content that showcases it more. Unfortunately, the show just doesn't gel.

being a drum guy I can definitely say that Academy's drum line is MORE TALENTED than PC and Troopers (educated opinion)

As a fan, I like PC and Troopers show better.

by next year there could be 16 total world class corps. :unsure: None of us want that.

I wouldn't mind. There's DCA and Open if you cant hang with World.

I bet it takes at least 3 more years to get down to 16 anyway. Academy Mandarins and Pioneer arnt all going to fold the same season, they will just raise tour fees like they do every year. And I bet Cascades returns next year. I don't know anything about Southwind but I wouldn't be surprised to see them back out also.

It's all good, drumno5. I, too, miss the top 25 and all the various corps that used to fill its ranks. As I stated many times previous, there was a time when placing 25th was a huge deal and a major accomplishment.

Who can say, the future is unpredictable. Just as gas prices are FINALLY starting to gradually go down, so might there be hope for a return of some of everyone's favorite corps; or the rise of some of the Div II and III corps into the Div I ranks.

I wouldn't mind. There's DCA and Open if you cant hang with World.

I bet it takes at least 3 more years to get down to 16 anyway. Academy Mandarins and Pioneer arnt all going to fold the same season, they will just raise tour fees like they do every year. And I bet Cascades returns next year. I don't know anything about Southwind but I wouldn't be surprised to see them back out also.

I think Jersey Surf may move up

so who wants to start up a new drum corps?