Corps marching the full 150?

Was reading one of the show reviews on DCW and the writer jotted down the number of corp members broke it down in each sections..perc, guard and brass. None of the corps has the max of 150.

Cavies 137

Coats 143

Gmen 138

Colts 141

BlueStars 135

Spirit 130

Scouts 133

Anyone know if any other corps have the 150 max? I was believing that most corps were at 150.

Sort of trumps the whole "We had 1000 people show up at auditions" wild tales coming from drum corps "auditions" hanh? Hmmmm...maybe 150 is unrealistic?

Crown seems to have a lot of people on the field...

Was reading one of the show reviews on DCW and the writer jotted down the number of corp members broke it down in each sections..perc, guard and brass. None of the corps has the max of 150.

Cavies 137

Coats 143

Gmen 138

Colts 141

BlueStars 135

Spirit 130

Scouts 133

Anyone know if any other corps have the 150 max? I was believing that most corps were at 150.

Last I heard Blue Stars had 148. Don't know if that remains true, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 135. That's what they had last year and the guard and pit are significantly larger this year.

It's pretty hard to count numbers on the field during a show.

Edited by sdstar

Sort of trumps the whole "We had 1000 people show up at auditions" wild tales coming from drum corps "auditions" hanh? Hmmmm...maybe 150 is unrealistic?

[/quote

Wild tales? I've been to several one Div 1 auditions in recent years and they have all had four to five hundred there. Why would 150 be unrealistic? The corps make their casting decisions based on programing, and number of horns in the closet. I bet you'll see more and more expand their ranks as they purchase new racks of horns.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

Last I heard Blue Stars had 148. Don't know if that remains true, but I'm pretty sure it's more than 135. That's what they had last year and the guard and pit are significantly larger this year.

It's pretty hard to count numbers on the field during a show.

Blue Stars may be at 149 now. An injured brass player that can't march for hte rest of the season is now serving as an additional back field conductor. If her spot is filled (which I believe it was), that'll make 149.

Not if you have a paintball gun.....................

HAHA! That got a laugh from me.

Not if you have a paintball gun.....................

post O' the day right there! :tongue:

Wild tales? I've been to several one Div 1 auditions in recent years and they have all had four to five hundred there. Why would 150 be unrealistic? The corps make their casting decisions based on programing, and number of horns in the closet. I bet you'll see more and more expand their ranks as they purchase new racks of horns.

Fair enough...however, my tongue was in my cheek and it was tinged with a tad of cynicism and bitterness because there is an apparent "anti-drum corps" stance by the remaining 350-850 auditioners that DIDN'T make their corps of first choice who take their ball, or horn, or flag, or drum, and go home and don't play with anyone else. It's been a long time "complaint" if you will...so...but I do get what you're saying. I know...it's all about inventory! :tongue: